dpooly

Help with Installing HDMI LCD Touchscreen

Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:29 am

siok, i seriously am losing my mind.. i have had the hardest time figuring screens out. I have got what the amazon store called a yosoo 5inch hdmi lcd touchscreen but all the info i can find on it comes back as waveshare.. so i dont know. the printing on the back of the screen says 5inch HDMI LCD V2 800x480 Pixel XPT2046 Touch Controller and its got the W looking logo that wavshare uses. i have the disc it came with and all the files that are on it copied onto my laptop and on a flash drive, i also have the waveshare files cause ive been messing with them as well, I got them from their wiki. I am still fairly new to linux and have a short attention span so im a bit slow with my code but im working on it. But im using the RPI model Bversion 2 and ive tried the image that came with the screen and the image that waveshare says to use. but im not quite sure what to do after that. when it comes to using my own image ive been using the newest raspian that was just released but my main issue that i cant find a solution to is i cant find out how to get the driver into the raspbian OS and also how to get it all working. so basically i just need very detailed instructions on what to do. i also have two raspberry power adapters, should i be using both? one for the screen and one for the PI or should i use a cell phone charger and connect the pi from the usb to the screen and just plug in the PI and power them both together?? thats if im using the hdmi of course since im unable to get the touchscreen to work.. i would greatly apreciate any help.. sorry for the length, but i wanted to give details.

DirkS

Re: Help with Installing HDMI LCD Touchscreen

Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:51 pm

I'm really trying to read this, but I gave up...
Please break up your blurb of letters into something that is easier to digest. (Meaning some line / paragraph breaks)

fruitoftheloom

Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:32 pm

XPT 2046 should be supported by Notro Drivers

https://github.com/notro/fbtft/wiki/LCD-Modules

Therefore it is likely just a case of plugging in as many drivers are now in Raspbian ;)
Take what I advise as advice not the utopian holy grail, and it is gratis !!

dpooly

Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:26 pm

sorry im not as well versed as you fine people. i am just not very good at expressing my thoughts or frustrations or comunicating to people in general. Anyway, if you think it I missed something that was as easy as just plug and play then you really underestimated me, im not "that" bad.. ive tried the raspbian image that has the driver already installed and nothing happened, my question is "am i supposed to do anything special to make it work?" and with the other issue with using my own image, im am not sure how to get the driver into the RPI OS do i use a flash drive? or network share it somehow?? if so how? again sorry for those who are too bright to understand my simpleton ways.. and thank you to those who are patient enough to want to try and help me.

klricks

Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:12 am

As with any other unknown and obscure hardware... You are now and forever dependent upon the seller to provide the needed driver or OS image and updates to keep it working in the future.

If the seller can't.. won't do this then send it back for a refund...
Unless specified otherwise my response is based on the latest and fully updated RPi OS Bullseye w/ Desktop OS.

Return to “HATs and other add-ons”