Waiter21

One corner of display not seated correctly in case

Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:40 am

I put 100's of these pi3 cases together and haven't seen this one before. One corner of the display didn't seem like it was seated properly in the case. The other three corners looked ok, the glass was recessed a little bit into the case as was normal, but one corner, the glass was raised up and kind of even with the lip on the case.

I removed the display from the case and didn't see anything unusual. I then noticed that on the bottom of one of the metal mount tabs, I could see where the screw had bottomed out and was pushing against the frame. I looked at the screws and sure enough, one of the screws was a little longer than the other three.

Probably one longer screw got mixed in with the batch of correct screws at the factory. Not a big deal, but I'll look at the case mounting screws a little closer from now on when I put these together.

NOTE - I have several hundred pi3 rear case covers if anyone wants them... We 3D print our own rear cover
Attachments
RPI_Case_Screws_800.jpg
RPI_Case_Screws_800.jpg (42.33 KiB) Viewed 281 times

aBUGSworstnightmare

Re: One corner of display not seated correctly in case

Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:06 pm

Waiter21 wrote:
I put 100's of these pi3 cases together and haven't seen this one before. One corner of the display didn't seem like it was seated properly in the case. The other three corners looked ok, the glass was recessed a little bit into the case as was normal, but one corner, the glass was raised up and kind of even with the lip on the case.
'these pi3 cases' is not considered as useful information without a link at least..

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:23 pm

Waiter21 wrote:

I removed the display from the case and didn't see anything unusual. I then noticed that on the bottom of one of the metal mount tabs, I could see where the screw had bottomed out and was pushing against the frame. I looked at the screws and sure enough, one of the screws was a little longer than the other three.

Probably one longer screw got mixed in with the batch of correct screws at the factory. Not a big deal, but I'll look at the case mounting screws a little closer from now on when I put these together.

NOTE - I have several hundred pi3 rear case covers if anyone wants them... We 3D print our own rear cover
Were these screws as supplied with the Raspberry LCD panel? It's a little unclear which ones they are.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Working in the Applications Team.

pidd

Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:40 pm

Perhaps the standoffs' screws

Waiter21

Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:51 pm

These screws were supplied with the case (the enclosure). There are four of them. They hold the case onto the screen.

As I said. This is an FYI.. I've assembled hundreds of these and never ran across this before.

https://www.pishop.ca/product/raspberry ... ase-black/

Return to “Official Foundation Display”