PhilE
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Re: Low voltage warning message text

Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:35 am

@Ferran gets it right - solve the problem at source by using an adequate power supply for the load.

LTolledo

Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:24 am

wedders wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:16 am
FYI, if you wanted to remove this warning without GUI/physical access like I did, the lxplug-ptbatt package can be removed via apt:

Code: Select all

sudo apt remove lxplug-ptbatt

yeah... like if your car's low fuel alarm light keeps on lighting......and its very annoying.....
"....remove the lamp/LED from the warning indicator and your low fuel problem is solved...."

:mrgreen:

.....then your car suddenly conks then stops..... and kept on wondering why it ever happened.... :lol:
"Don't come to me with 'issues' for I don't know how to deal with those
Come to me with 'problems' and I'll help you find solutions"

Some people be like:
"Help me! Am drowning! But dont you dare touch me nor come near me!"

degloer

Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:47 pm

My setup: Pi 3B, official Pi power supply (purchased from Canadian official supplier, Cana Kit), Raspberry Foundation 7 inch touch screen display (also purchased from Cana Kit), latest Buster downloaded last month.

I get the Low battery warning text when using the Pi/Display combination but with the Pi standalone the message does not occur.

I have read all the suggestions that I need an Official power supply - but I am using one.

I do not want to just disable the message because that will mean my processor is throttled.

I have tried using a regulated 5 VDC power supply capable of 40 Amps - still get the message.

I have measured, with my DMM, the Voltage at GPIO pins 4 and 6 as 4.98 volts using the regulated supply and 4.94 volts using the official Raspberry Pi power supply.

I have measured the current consumption from the regulated supply at about 1.1 amps, it varies a little with display activity. I have tried powering the Pi and the display from separate power supplies with no change to the message occurring.

If I unplug the ribbon cable between the display and the Pi there is no message, so I believe the problem is display related. Is this a known issue and how do I fix it?

Dale Gloer

LTolledo

Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:18 am

can you show us how your setup is actually wired?
"Don't come to me with 'issues' for I don't know how to deal with those
Come to me with 'problems' and I'll help you find solutions"

Some people be like:
"Help me! Am drowning! But dont you dare touch me nor come near me!"

degloer

Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:36 pm

I have connected the display exactly as shown on the Ada Fruit page for the display as shown at this link.
https://www.adafruit.com/product/2718

IMG_260 is a picture as connected to the official power supply and IMG_262 is as connected to the external 5 volt 40 amp power supply.
IMG_0262.jpg
IMG_0262.jpg (65.37 KiB) Viewed 104 times
IMG_0260.jpg
IMG_0260.jpg (68.02 KiB) Viewed 104 times
Dale

Return to “Troubleshooting”