Mrseguin

Raspbian - Can't load fallback CSS /org/gnome/adwaita/gtk-f

Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:39 pm

Hello,

I am getting an error whenever I am running Anjuta or Devhelp, here is a full detailed description :

1. How to raised the error :

- new image from 2015-05-05-raspbian-wheezy.img
- apt-get install anjuta
- launch anjuta (first run) and you get this error messages
----------------------------------------
* (anjuta:9025): WARNING **: Couldn't register with accessibility bus: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
** (anjuta:9025): WARNING **: Can't load fallback CSS resource: Failed to import: The resource at '/org/gnome/adwaita/gtk-fallback.css' does not exist
** (anjuta:9025): WARNING **: Can't load fallback CSS resource: Failed to import: The resource at '/org/gnome/adwaita/gtk-fallback.css' does not exist
(anjuta:9025): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: <data>:2:10: Not using units is deprecated. Assuming 'px'.
libanjuta-symbol-db:ERROR:symbol-db-query.c:889:sdb_query_set_property: assertion failed: (priv->dbe_project != NULL)
You get the Anjuta UI on screen. You try to create a project, it fails.
----------------------------------------

- you restart Anjuta : Anjuta is crashing, you do not get the UI on screen.

- you delete ~/.cache/anjuta directory

- it can start the Anjuta UI while getting the same error messages as above

- get out of Anjuta

- launch Anjuta again, Anjuta is crashing, you do not get the UI on screen.

2. Raspbian from different version 2015-02-16-raspbian-wheezy.img or 2015-05-05-raspbian-wheezy.img gives the same result.

3. Devhelp
apt-get install devhelp on a fresh Raspian.
You get error messages ; but devhelp is starting and you get the UI on screen.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# devhelp
** (devhelp:9626): WARNING **: Can't load fallback CSS resource: Failed to import: The resource at '/org/gnome/adwaita/gtk-fallback.css' does not exist
** (devhelp:9626): WARNING **: Can't load fallback CSS resource: Failed to import: The resource at '/org/gnome/adwaita/gtk-fallback.css' does not exist
(devhelp:9626): Pango-CRITICAL **: pango_font_description_from_string: assertion 'str != NULL' failed
(devhelp:9626): Pango-CRITICAL **: pango_font_description_from_string: assertion 'str != NULL' failed
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4. search Google to find similar errors and possibly a solution
I need help running Nestopia on Raspbian - 03.06.2015 :
viewtopic.php?f=78&t=112248&p=769198&hi ... ss#p769198

epiphany launch errors - 26.05.2015 :
viewtopic.php?f=91&t=111500&p=764894&hi ... ss#p764894

5. Solution ?
I don't see if problem comes from Gnome or from Raspbian distribution but problem looks quite new and recurrent.

Return to “Troubleshooting”