TomL

Epiphany crashes if called via krdc

Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:52 am

Modell: RasbPi 2 (ARMv7 Processor rev 5 (v7l))
OS: Jessie, Linux raspi2 3.18.11-v7+ #781 SMP PREEMPT Tue Apr 21 18:07:59 BST 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux

Hello @ all

I got a little problem with epiphany. It crashes down if I start it via Client->krdc on a RasPi2->xrdp-Server. It is also the same Problem with VNC-Server.

In Terminal this is reported:

Code: Select all

inet@raspi2:~$ epiphany

** (epiphany:7043): WARNING **: Error retrieving accessibility bus address: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.a11y.Bus was not provided by any .service files

(epiphany:7043): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk-widgets.css:2:19: Theming engine 'adwaita' not found

** (WebKitWebProcess:7061): WARNING **: Error retrieving accessibility bus address: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.a11y.Bus was not provided by any .service files

** (WebKitWebProcess:7065): WARNING **: Error retrieving accessibility bus address: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.a11y.Bus was not provided by any .service files

(WebKitWebProcess:7061): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk-widgets.css:2:19: Theming engine 'adwaita' not found
** Message: Remote error from secret service: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.freedesktop.secrets was not provided by any .service files

** (WebKitWebProcess:7061): WARNING **: Error caching form data: The name org.freedesktop.secrets was not provided by any .service files

(WebKitWebProcess:7065): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk-widgets.css:2:19: Theming engine 'adwaita' not found

(epiphany:7043): Wnck-WARNING **: Unhandled action type _OB_WM_ACTION_UNDECORATE

(epiphany:7043): Wnck-WARNING **: Unhandled action type _OB_WM_ACTION_UNDECORATE
** Message: Remote error from secret service: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.freedesktop.secrets was not provided by any .service files

** (WebKitWebProcess:7065): WARNING **: Error caching form data: The name org.freedesktop.secrets was not provided by any .service files
Speicherzugriffsfehler
inet@raspi2:~$
Is there a solution to solve this problem? Thank you for a little help

Greetings, Tom

DougieLawson

Re: Epiphany crashes if called via krdc

Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:24 am

Try Günter Kreidl's suggestion.

viewtopic.php?f=66&t=118118
Languages using left-hand whitespace for syntax are ridiculous

DMs sent on https://twitter.com/DougieLawson or LinkedIn will be answered next month.
Fake doctors - are all on my foes list.

The use of crystal balls and mind reading is prohibited.

TomL

Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:26 pm

Hello

This Error stays furthermore. First, I have tried do change the .desktop-File and as second I call it directly from Terminal with WEBKIT_DISABLE_TBS=1 epiphany-browser. Epiphany crashes directly after start

The changed .desktop-File answered with the following Error-Message:

Invalid Desktop-File: ~/Desktop/Epiphany.desktop
It seems to be a strange problem. With the display of local files there is no problem. When I start from here

file://usr/share/debian-reference
it runs, and then switch to a WWW-Site, it runs again for a while. At next App-Start with display the last meeting WebSite it crashes again.

Greetings, Tom

DougieLawson

Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:03 pm

Are you up to date? There's been a few package updates for the webkit.

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
sudo reboot
Languages using left-hand whitespace for syntax are ridiculous

DMs sent on https://twitter.com/DougieLawson or LinkedIn will be answered next month.
Fake doctors - are all on my foes list.

The use of crystal balls and mind reading is prohibited.

NonesensE

Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:08 pm

I crashed into the very same problem while building a volumio-based jukebox. Being a noob, I haven't found a real solution but the following workaround may help others:

Epiphany didn't crash for the first time when I opened the volumio page with the command

epiphany volumio.local
The volumio page opened as a new tab next to the "most visited" tab. When I closed the "most visited" tab, epiphany crashed again, but since then, that tab is not opened automatically anymore (epiphany opens the last used tab) and I encountered no further crashes.

Regards
Jan

Grimravus

Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:34 pm

For all those who got here looking for answers specifically about the error:

"org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.a11y.Bus was not provided by any .service files",

I was able to correct this problem by installing the at-spi2-core accessibility core, which is the parent of org.a11y.Bus:

sudo apt-get install at-spi2-core

mantraxyz

Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:21 pm

Guys, I get the following "warning",
"** (Frame:10055): WARNING **: Error retrieving accessibility bus address: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.a11y.Bus was not provided by any .service files".

It was fixed with the recomendation implace.

sudo apt-get install at-spi2-core

Thanks for your help.

Great!!

Return to “Troubleshooting”