http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewt ... 55&t=22173
there appear to be some problems with the RISC OS image and certain combinations of board/SD card.
After experiencing similar issues myself on the eve of the RISC OS London Show (27 October 2012) and on the day itself, I mentioned them to Liz in person at the show. She advised me to post in the troubleshooting forum, and it's taken me until now to do so (I bought a new SD card, to double check).
- Using Windows (Vista) and Win32DiskImager (IIRC) to write the image - sorry!
- Using the official download RO image; a previous alpha version with SDFS worked on this board/card/PSU during the summer
- Reformatted card (4GB) before writing (in first case, second was virgin card)
- Tried 2 different cards (2 separate downloads/writes on the first, 1 on the second)
- Card worked in another board at the show (I have an early-ish one)
- Another card worked with my board/PSU
- Had some intermittent success with another PSU and my board/card, but couldn't repeat this at home
- Not sure how I do the equivalent of "sync" under Windows, as mentioned in the other thread - I did the "Eject drive safely" thing, so I guess it was correctly dismounted
Any help gratefully appreciated. Thanks!