Johnnychristiansen

wake from halt, when tv port usb comes alive

Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:27 pm

Dear Fellow pi's

Iam looking for some advice, like others here :-)

I have Kodi on a Raspberry lite on a Raspberry pi 3 and it is behind the tv with its own Wall power 5v 3A.
I want the Pi to Halt safely when the USB on the tv get deactivatet/missing voltage (the tv usb port will shutdown when the tv get in standby).

its ok that the Raspberry is in hibernate or what i gets, when it get an Shudo Halt / Sudo shutdown.

And when the TV usb come to live with its 5 volt, that will wake up the raspberry and boot up in Kodi.

I cant use the voltage from the tv. it does not have enough Amp.

How could a solution be, a gate on a pcb that connects to ex. pin 5 on wake up and when its missing it will halt/shutdown and the gate will be off.

Hope you can point me in the right direction.

Best regard.

Johnny

fruitoftheloom

Re: wake from halt, when tv port usb comes alive

Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:13 am

Take what I advise as advice not the utopian holy grail, and it is gratis !!

RaTTuS

Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:58 am

just keep the RPi on all the time - it uses very little power ,
no need to to sleep it
How To ask Questions :- http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
WARNING - some parts of this post may be erroneous YMMV

1QC43qbL5FySu2Pi51vGqKqxy3UiJgukSX
Covfefe

j038lack666

Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:06 pm

Final Solution..... for power on via USB port of TV
All you need is a 5V Infinite Cycle On Off Timer Delay Relay Loop Timing Module Board

I wired a old USB cable to the +/- 5v side of the module and jumper-ed the trigger so it would activate when the power was applied. I then wired the gpio 3 ( pin5 ) and gnd (pin6) on the Pi 3 to the load side ( no and com ). set the relay to once mode and set for 1/10 scale and adjusted the T1 (turn on) pot till the relay only activates for .5 sec.
On the Raspberry Pi 3 b+ the gpio3 is already setup to wake when forced low, so no change there. In Kodi I setup the power saving to 20 mins so it shutdown if no actions after that time expires and I may map a key for shutdown on my keyboard if needed.

It works great.
Power on the Pi the first time manually, then shut it down via Kodi. now the next time you power on the tv it will wake the Pi and boot Kodi. shutdown from Kodi and it will sleep until it is awakened via the 5v usb port on the TV. The great thing about setting it up to wake up only is if you turn your TV on and off multiple times it will only wake once until the power save feature in Kodi shuts it down.

Hope this helps
J03

Return to “Advanced users”