This might just be something to add to the "is it driver / power/ something else" bucket but I've been using this Wifi adaptor (this is the device on the verified peripherals list you can get from 7dayshop) plugged directly into the Rpi just fine except I'd spotted recently our router wasn't running in 802.11n mode, somehow it had been disabled leaving it in 802.11g.
Once enabled though, it becomes very unreliable with the Rpi, constantly dropping out and reassociating with the AP. Even a simple ssh session is as sluggish as anything. I've tried forcing the rates/modes using iwconfig but they are either ignored or come back unsupported.
Put it back to 802.11g, everything running nicely again....
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
hmm, don't think it's quite that straightforward. I've now tried a combination of things - rev1, rev2 boards, powered hubs, different usb slots, power supplies, different APs and in all cases the thing is either unresponsive or at best very sluggish. Performed s/w updates to latest all to no avail.