Simple

Re: TIDAL Connect installation!

Sun May 02, 2021 1:29 am

asifjahmed wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:13 pm

Now it works and its sweet. This is on RPI4.
Can you select the specific mixer ID?
For hardware volume, I need to use 'Digital'

Roeda_10

Sun May 02, 2021 10:37 pm

edgecrush3r wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:27 am
Based in this excellent work done, i have created a Dockerized version of this project :D

You can use this docker image in raspberry pi's which have docker installed, or as add-in for HifiberryOS.

https://github.com/TonyTromp/tidal-connect-docker

Enjoy!
Hello,
Thank you very luch for your docker.
Can you please assist le on how to verify and change my device name ? As well as to set that device in streamer-tidal-connect.service ? Do I just modify the files or is there a different approche to docker ?
Also does the volume work here (did you take into account the starting of Speaker Controller service ) ?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Nb: I just bought a Rpi 4 for the project.

flyer12

Mon May 03, 2021 2:46 pm

Simple wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 1:29 am
asifjahmed wrote:

Can you select the specific mixer ID?
For hardware volume, I need to use 'Digital'
Not sure. I am using a USB DAC, and its the only audio device connected. So I didnt need to do anything more.
In the ifi-streamer-tidal-connect.service file, i added the playback device using --playback-device option.

edgecrush3r

Tue May 04, 2021 11:13 am

Roeda_10 wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 10:37 pm
edgecrush3r wrote:
Based in this excellent work done, i have created a Dockerized version of this project :D

You can use this docker image in raspberry pi's which have docker installed, or as add-in for HifiberryOS.

Enjoy!
Hello,
Thank you very luch for your docker.
Can you please assist le on how to verify and change my device name ? As well as to set that device in streamer-tidal-connect.service ? Do I just modify the files or is there a different approche to docker ?
Also does the volume work here (did you take into account the starting of Speaker Controller service ) ?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Nb: I just bought a Rpi 4 for the project.
You ccan modify the command which is launched using the entrypoint.sh script, which is launched inside the container.
https://github.com/TonyTromp/tidal-conn ... rypoint.sh

itemonhold

Wed May 05, 2021 7:32 pm

Bought a used RPi 3B+ to try this out. Not much experience with Linux based OS:s so it took me some time to get it working, but now it does (also with my Audinst HUD-mini usb dac). Thanks to the OP and others who’ve contributed in the thread :)

One issue I’ve not resolved, however, is that the Tidal app on my phone (which is a Honor 8 with Android 7.0) won’t recognize the HiTide RasPi Streamer as a Tidal Connect output. Three other Android phones and devices (Android 7.1.1, 9 and 11) I’ve tested do recognize the HiTide RasPi Streamer as does the Tidal app on a pc running Win 10. On my cumbersome Android 7.0 phone, I’ve tried removing the Tidal cache data as well as removing and re-installing the Tidal app (version 2.42). All devices are on the same wifi network and all devices/Tidal apps (i.e. including the Android 7.0 phone) recognize a Google Chromecast Audio on the same network. Can one assume that the Android 7.0 phone’s inability to recognize the HiTide RasPi Streamer is an issue that is solely related to the phone itself and its settings or can there be something in the HiTide RasPi Streamer that I could change to get it working?

Simple

Fri May 07, 2021 1:43 am

I can select the raspberry pi for playback but it does not play back anything and then reverts back to playing over the phone shortly after no sound through the raspberry pi. I have an IQaudio DAC and it does indicate that it becomes active for a moment, no sound at all and then it basically crashes out and back to the phone.

Any takers?

EDIT:
I had ipv6 disabled and had to re-enable it and now it is playing back music

Another question is the file-deploy script used to reset the settings? because every time i use it my settings are changed back to default.
My settings are only saved if I do not use the script after setting them.

Scott

Simple

Fri May 07, 2021 1:49 pm

FYI

As a solution for volume control when using the Pi, you can also use a USB volume controller and set it to control Alsamixer.

juanantofb

Wed May 19, 2021 7:34 pm

edgecrush3r wrote:

Enjoy!

Hi, can you help me? Sorry only speak Spanish.

RPI 4b, OS HifiberryOS, DAC Hifiberry Digi+ Pro.

After add the name of may DAC in entrypoint.sh, and run install.sh, all aparently work correctly.

My external DAC, Gustard X16 support MQA rendering via Coax, OPt, I2S, ettc...

I connect my RPI via cox cable to X16 external DAC, sound very good.

In The display of X16 DAC apear:

Coax IN.
PCM xx.xKhz.

Now is the dude:

When connect my Bluos Node 2I via coax cable to my X16 DAC apear in the display:

Coax In.
OSR xx.xKhz.

OSR = Original sample rate, in the X16 forun, say tthat OSR is = MQA rendering.

I need change any other parameter in my config to optain the same result using RPI with Tidal-connect-docker?

I have the impresión that now is not decoding MQA in my RPI using tidal-connect-docker.

Thanks.

ancientPavo

Wed May 19, 2021 7:42 pm

hello all,
many thanks to @shawaj for this install.
my setup is RPI4 running squeezelite for Spotify and now Tidal Connect.
amazingly, after initial installation, raspi tidal showed up on the Tidal app and
playback through Allo DigiOne sounded fantastic. All afternoon!
but next morning, when i powered up, no tidal device.

this is the status:
any insight would be appreciated...

Code: Select all

pi@raspPi4:~ $ systemctl status ifi-streamer-tidal-connect.service
● ifi-streamer-tidal-connect.service - RasPi Streamer Tidal Connect Service
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/ifi-streamer-tidal-connect.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: active (running) since Wed 2021-05-19 15:33:08 EDT; 2min 7s ago
 Main PID: 310 (tidal_connect_a)
    Tasks: 14 (limit: 2013)
   CGroup: /system.slice/ifi-streamer-tidal-connect.service
           └─310 /usr/ifi/ifi-tidal-release/bin/tidal_connect_application --tc-certificate-path /usr/ifi/ifi-tidal-release/id_certificate/IfiAudio_ZenStr

May 19 15:33:11 raspPi4 tidal_connect_application[310]: ALSA lib pulse.c:243:(pulse_connect) PulseAudio: Unable to connect: Connection refused
May 19 15:33:11 raspPi4 tidal_connect_application[310]: ALSA lib pulse.c:243:(pulse_connect) PulseAudio: Unable to connect: Connection refused
May 19 15:33:11 raspPi4 tidal_connect_application[310]: ALSA lib pcm_a52.c:823:(_snd_pcm_a52_open) a52 is only for playback
May 19 15:33:11 raspPi4 tidal_connect_application[310]: ALSA lib pcm_usb_stream.c:486:(_snd_pcm_usb_stream_open) Invalid type for card
May 19 15:33:11 raspPi4 tidal_connect_application[310]: ALSA lib pcm_usb_stream.c:486:(_snd_pcm_usb_stream_open) Invalid type for card
May 19 15:33:11 raspPi4 tidal_connect_application[310]: Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory
May 19 15:33:11 raspPi4 tidal_connect_application[310]: Cannot connect to server request channel
May 19 15:33:11 raspPi4 tidal_connect_application[310]: jack server is not running or cannot be started
May 19 15:33:11 raspPi4 tidal_connect_application[310]: JackShmReadWritePtr::~JackShmReadWritePtr - Init not done for -1, skipping unlock
May 19 15:33:11 raspPi4 tidal_connect_application[310]: STARTED TidalConnect services.
UPDATE:
new morning, new behavior!
i turned on BlueNode2 which supports Tidal but at first, it didn't show on Tidal App.
so i turned off wi-fi and back on the phone, and now Blue showed up as Tidal Connect device.
but guess what? RPI4 also showed up.
i signed into RPI4 and checked the above status and it showed the same errors.
BUT i am able to select it and music is playing just fine.

Do i understand what's going on? no, but for now, RPI4 tidal connect works.

2pacshakur892

Sat May 22, 2021 1:07 pm

Hello, i have a raspiberry pi 4 with moode and a NAD M51 DAC. but my dac no, I recognize.
In moode this dac works but when i run The comando ifi_release tô get my dac name not show.

sifonije

Tue May 25, 2021 7:57 pm

Hello guys and thanks to everyone who made effort in making this addon! It's really opening new perspectives :)

I have installed Tidal Docker on RPi 3a+ with a HifiBerry DAC+ and it plays well, however I can't get the volume control to work from the Tidal app. Volume control in the HifiBerry OS app is functional.
As I understood, the speaker controller application needs to be running. Is this info I quoted still actual in the Docker addon and necessary to make the volume control work?

If so, I have some (probably beginner's) questions:
1. What is the name of this file i need to create in /etc/systemd/system/ ?
2. How do I enable it via systemctl?
3. I don't have 'screen' installed, at least that file is not present in the /usr/bin folder. I tried installing it with apt install and similiar commands, but none works. I'm guessing I don't have that installer installed either. How should I install screen?

If there is a more up to date way of doing this, please let me know.

Thank you!
flyer12 wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 5:52 pm
asifjahmed wrote:
Hey Everyone!

I got this working nicely on the RPi 4 so I figured I would share my learnings here for others:

-DietPi was the platform of choice for me, default install is fine except you also have to install avahi-daemon

-Once I got Tidal connect itself working, I didn't have any volume control. I learned that the "speaker_controller"application" needs to be running in order for that part to work. In order to have this run in the background (and at startup) like the underlying tidal connect service, I created a new service description:

[Unit]
Description=Speaker Controller
After=ifi-streamer-tidal-connect.service

[Service]
Type=forking
Restart=on-failure
RestartSec=3
ExecStart=/usr/bin/screen -L -dmS root /usr/ifi/ifi-tidal-release/bin/speaker_controller_application

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target
Create that file in /etc/systemd/system/, chmod+x it, and enable it via systemctl in order to have it start up after tidal connect, at startup. Works great!
I couldnt get this to work as-is. You also need "screen" installed: apt install screen

alien90fr

Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:01 pm

hello I'm new here and please help. I'm trying to hitide but I have a problem. After typing mkdir / usr / ifi
writes that the directory could not be created. How can I fix it?

ELMachete

Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:03 pm

Thank you for this awesome package. Managed to make it work passing --enable-mqa-passthrough to true. I was having decoding errors and with enable-mqa-passthrough true it just works now.

Quanticus

Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:50 am

Got it to work!
I had to lookup the name of my Allo Boss 2 and to find the exact name I went to /sys/module and inspected the directories which names begins with "snd". The name of inspected directory is name of module that corresponds to physical sound device.
I found "snd_soc_allo_boss2_dac" in that list and changed the playback device to:
--playback-device "snd_soc_allo_boss2_dac: - (hw:1,0)" \

To do so I opened the file ifi-streamer-tidal-connect.service:
sudo nano /usr/ifi/ifi-tidal-release/ifi-streamer-tidal-connect.service
and added that line and set the codec mqa and enable mqa passtrough to true:
ExecStart=/usr/ifi/ifi-tidal-release/bin/tidal_connect_application \
--tc-certificate-path "/usr/ifi/ifi-tidal-release/id_certificate/IfiAudio_ZenStream.dat" \
-f "HiTide Raspi Streamer" \
--codec-mpegh true \
--codec-mqa true \
--model-name "HiTide Raspi Streamer" \
--disable-app-security false \
--disable-web-security false \
--enable-mqa-passthrough true \
--playback-device "snd_soc_allo_boss2_dac: - (hw:1,0)"\
--log-level 3 \
--enable-websocket-log "0"
Save, exit and restart the service:
sudo systemctl daemon-reload
sudo systemctl enable ifi-streamer-tidal-connect.service
sudo systemctl start ifi-streamer-tidal-connect.service
sudo systemctl status ifi-streamer-tidal-connect.service
I now have the "HiTide Raspi Streamer" listed as streaming endpoint in my iOS Tidal app!

Volume control
Create the speaker controller like @asifjahmed suggested:
sudo nano /etc/systemd/system/speaker_controller.service
And add the following to that file:
[Unit]

[Service]
Type=forking
Restart=on-failure
RestartSec=3
ExecStart=/usr/bin/screen -L -dmS root /usr/ifi/ifi-tidal-release/bin/speaker_controller_application

[Install]
Save, exit and CHMOD it:
sudo chmod 644 /etc/systemd/system/speaker_controller.service
Install the screen app
sudo apt install screen
Inform the system that there is a new file awaiting to load at startup:
sudo systemctl enable speaker_controller.service
Reboot:
sudo reboot
Yes with volume control!!!
Works like a charm!!
Have a nice day!
Last edited by Quanticus on Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:16 am, edited 3 times in total.

johannes_pi

Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:18 pm

Hi,

And thanks for a great project!

I have a Yamaha v6a receiver, and I would love to get the sound through HDMI.
Right now I use --playback-device bcm2835 HDMI 1: - (hw:0,0) and it works with Tidal's master mqa quality. The only issue is that it takes a few minutes from when i press play until the song starts playing.

When it's playing it continues to next song without any issues, but if I change track it will take a few minutes again before it starts playing.

I'm sure this has something to do with playing through HDMI, because I also tried a USB Sound Blaster FX card with optical output. It plays but there's a knittering sound. And I don't get 96Khz mqa only 44khz. But while using the USB Sound card, I can change tracks as normal and music starts playing immediately.

I also tried to compile a new kernel for my rpi3b+ with enabling up to 196khz, but it did not work as intended.

Here's the log from the systemclt status ifi-streamer-tidal-connect-service:

ifi-streamer-tidal-connect.service - RasPi Streamer Tidal Connect Service
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/ifi-streamer-tidal-connect.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: active (running) since Tue 2021-06-15 12:53:54 BST; 20min ago
Main PID: 329 (tidal_connect_a)
Tasks: 17 (limit: 2062)
CGroup: /system.slice/ifi-streamer-tidal-connect.service
└─329 /usr/ifi/ifi-tidal-release/bin/tidal_connect_application --tc-certificate-path /usr/ifi/ifi-tidal-release/id_certificate/IfiAudio_ZenStream.dat -f Kinorom RasPi Streamer --codec-mpegh true --codec-mqa true --model-name K
inorom RasPi Streamer --disable-app-security true --disable-web-security true --enable-mqa-passthrough true --log-level 3 --playback-device bcm2835 HDMI 1: - (hw:0,0) --enable-websocket-log 0

Jun 15 12:53:57 raspberrypi tidal_connect_application[329]: ALSA lib pcm.c:2565:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.hdmi
Jun 15 12:53:57 raspberrypi tidal_connect_application[329]: ALSA lib pcm.c:2565:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.modem
Jun 15 12:53:57 raspberrypi tidal_connect_application[329]: ALSA lib pcm.c:2565:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.phoneline
Jun 15 12:53:57 raspberrypi tidal_connect_application[329]: Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory
Jun 15 12:53:57 raspberrypi tidal_connect_application[329]: Cannot connect to server request channel
Jun 15 12:53:57 raspberrypi tidal_connect_application[329]: jack server is not running or cannot be started
Jun 15 12:53:57 raspberrypi tidal_connect_application[329]: JackShmReadWritePtr::~JackShmReadWritePtr - Init not done for -1, skipping unlock
Jun 15 12:53:57 raspberrypi tidal_connect_application[329]: STARTED TidalConnect services.
Jun 15 12:54:20 raspberrypi tidal_connect_application[329]: [2021-06-15 12:54:20.091] [tisoc] [warning] [PlaybackControllerImpl.cpp:472] Illegal state:1
Jun 15 13:02:10 raspberrypi tidal_connect_application[329]: [2021-06-15 13:02:10.468] [tisoc] [warning] [logger.cpp:22] [audio_worker.cpp:321] Attempting to initialize a decoder without initial data!

I really hope there's a way to fix delayed hdmi playback issue, but also it anyone has tips how to get my Sound Blaster FX USB card to play 96khz mqa I would really appreciate it.

Regards
Johannes

turtmcfly

Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:18 pm

johannes_pi wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:18 pm

When it's playing it continues to next song without any issues, but if I change track it will take a few minutes again before it starts playing.

I'm sure this has something to do with playing through HDMI

Regards
Johannes
I have exactly the same issue, playing thru the headphone jack (with MQA 'off'). Takes c. 2 minutes to start, except if I 'skip' to the start of the current track, when it's instant. It's *almost* like a network speed issue (e.g. it's downloading the whole track before playing) but a) tidal streams and b) i'm on a 1Gb connection so 2 minutes is crazy long

sifonije

Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:54 am

Hi,

I followed the instructions Quanticus wrote. Unfortunately I still have some problems.

First - 'sudo' doesn't work on my installation, commands do work without it. I don't know if this is important.
Second - I can't install screen. What I quoted below doesn't work for me. I tried it with and without sudo, with and without apt.

Install the screen app
sudo apt install screen
This is what i get:

# sudo apt install screen
-bash: sudo: command not found
# apt install screen
-bash: apt: command not found
# install screen
install: missing destination file operand after 'screen'
Try 'install --help' for more information.
#

Tidal Connect works, but still no volume control (obviously).
Am I missing something, any ideas? Do I have to install something beforehand?

Thanks

flyer12

Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:55 am

sifonije wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:54 am
Hi,

I followed the instructions Quanticus wrote. Unfortunately I still have some problems.

First - 'sudo' doesn't work on my installation, commands do work without it. I don't know if this is important.
Second - I can't install screen. What I quoted below doesn't work for me. I tried it with and without sudo, with and without apt.

Install the screen app
sudo apt install screen
This is what i get:

# sudo apt install screen
-bash: sudo: command not found
# apt install screen
-bash: apt: command not found
# install screen
install: missing destination file operand after 'screen'
Try 'install --help' for more information.
#

Tidal Connect works, but still no volume control (obviously).
Am I missing something, any ideas? Do I have to install something beforehand?

Thanks
What OS? I have it working with DietPi and MoodeOS.

sifonije

Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:36 pm

[/quote]
[/quote]

HifiberryOS. I didn't know I could install the Tidal-docker on other systems..
Please share some advice on what to do.. :)

Thanks!

denovare

Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:05 pm

Quanticus wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:50 am
Got it to work!
I had to lookup the name of my Allo Boss 2 and to find the exact name I went to /sys/module and inspected the directories which names begins with "snd". The name of inspected directory is name of module that corresponds to physical sound device.
I found "snd_soc_allo_boss2_dac" in that list and changed the playback device to:
--playback-device "snd_soc_allo_boss2_dac: - (hw:1,0)" \

To do so I opened the file ifi-streamer-tidal-connect.service:
sudo nano /usr/ifi/ifi-tidal-release/ifi-streamer-tidal-connect.service
and added that line and set the codec mqa and enable mqa passtrough to true:
ExecStart=/usr/ifi/ifi-tidal-release/bin/tidal_connect_application \
--tc-certificate-path "/usr/ifi/ifi-tidal-release/id_certificate/IfiAudio_ZenStream.dat" \
-f "HiTide Raspi Streamer" \
--codec-mpegh true \
--codec-mqa true \
--model-name "HiTide Raspi Streamer" \
--disable-app-security false \
--disable-web-security false \
--enable-mqa-passthrough true \
--playback-device "snd_soc_allo_boss2_dac: - (hw:1,0)"\
--log-level 3 \
--enable-websocket-log "0"
Save, exit and restart the service:
sudo systemctl enable ifi-streamer-tidal-connect.service
sudo systemctl start ifi-streamer-tidal-connect.service
sudo systemctl status ifi-streamer-tidal-connect.service
I now have the "HiTide Raspi Streamer" listed as streaming endpoint in my iOS Tidal app!

Volume control
Create the speaker controller like @asifjahmed suggested:
sudo nano /etc/systemd/system/speaker_controller.service
And add the following to that file:
[Unit]

[Service]
Type=forking
Restart=on-failure
RestartSec=3

[Install]
Save, exit and CHMOD it:
sudo chmod 644 /etc/systemd/system/speaker_controller.service
Install the screen app
sudo apt install screen
Inform the system that there is a new file awaiting to load at startup:
sudo systemctl enable speaker_controller.service
Reboot:
sudo reboot
Yes with volume control!!!
Works like a charm!!
Have a nice day!

Volume control is an issue for me as well, I followed your steps exactly (in MoodeAudio and with an Allo Digione) but unfortunately still no volume control. I checked if the speaker_controller.service is running and it is.

Did you change anything in the MoodeAudio settings or are they irrelevant? Or maybe my issue due to the fact that I use optical out? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated :)
Last edited by denovare on Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sifonije

Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:59 pm

flyer12 wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:55 am
Hi, i managed to install it both on DietPi and MoodeOS, using HifiBerry DAC+. I installed HiTide, not Tidal Connect Docker as before.
The volume control works, however it controls the 'Analog' instead of 'Digital' volume control in Alsa mixer, would you know how to change that to Digital?

Thank you!

nabiullin

Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:55 am

spuddler wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:59 pm

So far so good, but when I start the service and check the status I get this:

ifi-streamer-tidal-connect.service - RasPi Streamer Tidal Connect Service
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Fri 2021-02-19 17:41:38 GMT; 12min ago
Process: 1540 ExecStart=/usr/ifi/ifi-tidal-release/bin/tidal_connect_application --tc-certificate-path /usr/ifi/ifi-tidal-release/id_certificate/IfiAudio_ZenStream.dat -f HiTide RasPi
Main PID: 1540 (code=exited, status=127)

Feb 19 17:41:38 raspberrypi systemd[1]: ifi-streamer-tidal-connect.service: Service RestartSec=1s expired, scheduling restart.
Feb 19 17:41:38 raspberrypi systemd[1]: ifi-streamer-tidal-connect.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 5.
Feb 19 17:41:38 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Stopped RasPi Streamer Tidal Connect Service.
Feb 19 17:41:38 raspberrypi systemd[1]: ifi-streamer-tidal-connect.service: Start request repeated too quickly.
Feb 19 17:41:38 raspberrypi systemd[1]: ifi-streamer-tidal-connect.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Feb 19 17:41:38 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Failed to start RasPi Streamer Tidal Connect Service.

I'd really appreciate any advice you can offer.
Hi! Tell me please, do you find a solution for this start service problem ?

coin777

Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:40 pm

I have a weird issue.

After installing on rpi tidal connect showed up on my PC and worked!
But after rebooting it stopped showing on my PC, and it is only on my Android phone.
Whats up with that?

agro1967

Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:48 pm

Hi,

How I can install Docker on Ropieee XL.?

przemnet

Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:20 pm

Hello,

I managed to successfully install TIDAL Connect on my Rpi4 with Dietpi ARMv6 32-bit image based on Buster Debian (DietPi_RPi-ARMv6-Buster.img).

Before starting the script, I had to perform two additional steps:

1. Install Avahi-Daemon
dietpi-software -> [152] Avahi-Daemon: hostname broadcast (mac, pc bonjour)

2. Import key for "deb http://archive.raspbian.org/raspbian stretch main" repo:

sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 9165938D90FDDD2E
And it finally worked.

Unfortunately I have problems with TIDAL Connect installation with Dietpi ARMv8 64-bit image based on Bullseye Debian (DietPi_RPi-ARMv8-Bullseye.img).

During installation I get errors that multiarch-support and libavformat57 packages can not be found:

E: Unable to locate package multiarch-support
E: Unable to locate package libavformat57

Repositories on DietPi_RPi-ARMv8-Bullseye look like below:

root@DietPi:~# cat /etc/apt/sources.list
deb https://deb.debian.org/debian/ bullseye main contrib non-free
deb https://deb.debian.org/debian/ bullseye-updates main contrib non-free
deb https://deb.debian.org/debian-security/ bullseye-security main contrib non-free
deb https://deb.debian.org/debian/ bullseye-backports main contrib non-free
root@DietPi:~#

I tried to add repository from DietPi_RPi-ARMv6-Buster which was:

root@DietPi:~# cat /etc/apt/sources.list
deb http://raspbian.raspberrypi.org/raspbian/ buster main contrib non-free
root@DietPi:~#

However after 'apt update' I get an error that those repositories don't support 'arm64' architecture:

N: Skipping acquire of configured file 'main/binary-arm64/Packages' as repository 'http://raspbian.raspberrypi.org/raspbian buster InRelease' doesn't support architecture 'arm64'
N: Skipping acquire of configured file 'main/binary-arm64/Packages' as repository 'http://archive.raspbian.org/raspbian stretch InRelease' doesn't support architecture 'arm64'

Does anyone know how to overcome this? What repositories should be added to DietPi_RPi-ARMv8-Bullseye in order to have multiarch-support and libavformat57 packages available?

Looking forward,
Przemek

EDIT with answer:
ARMv8 of DietPi is 64bit and in git repos of HiTide, there are 32bit binaries so it is not possible to install TIDAL Connect on ARMv8...
If you want to install TIDAL Connect on DietPi, use ARMv6 image (32bit with Raspbian repos) or ARMv7 image (32bit with Debian repos).
When using ARMv7, change in the script Raspbian repo to Debian repo:

echo "deb https://deb.debian.org/debian/ stretch main" >> /etc/apt/sources.list
In both cases, install also avahi-daemon package.
Last edited by przemnet on Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Graphics, sound and multimedia”