fruitbox

Re: fruitbox MP3 jukebox

Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:50 pm

freed wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:29 pm
Ohhh... How do I choose the fonts in the skin? The mp3 metadata can take Chinese characters, that I know. But I am not sure how to set the fonts in the skin, or to modify a skin to use the Chinese/ Japanese font.

Are you able to point me in the right direction? Thanks!
The skin is described by a text file (usually called fruitbox.cfg) which will be located in skins/SKIN_NAME (where SKIN_NAME is the name of the skin, for example Wurly). In this file there's a section called [fonts], where the fonts are defined. Should be fairly obvious what to change, but do read the user manual if you want to understand it a bit better.

Cheers
Mike

chabes

Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:54 pm

hello! thank you for this amazing software! although i cannot try it but based on videos it looks super good.
i would like to ask you if it was possible to use fruitbox on a 32 bit pc instead of a raspberry, as i dont have a pi but have some old desktop that i could use for a jukebox project.

i do not consider myself a very technical/programmer kind of guy, im only using linux for a few months, but if you could give some hints on how i could make it work on a desktop i would be really happy.

thank you!

fruitbox

Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:35 pm

chabes wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:54 pm
hello! thank you for this amazing software! although i cannot try it but based on videos it looks super good.
i would like to ask you if it was possible to use fruitbox on a 32 bit pc instead of a raspberry, as i dont have a pi but have some old desktop that i could use for a jukebox project.

i do not consider myself a very technical/programmer kind of guy, im only using linux for a few months, but if you could give some hints on how i could make it work on a desktop i would be really happy.

thank you!
Hi,

If you remove the _RPI compiler directive from the Makefile you should be able to build fruitbox for any generic Linux system (as long as you have built the Allegro and mpg123 libraries for it). So if your PC is running a Linux OS (for example Ubuntu) it should in theory run on it. To build fruitbox for any other OS (I.e. Windows) will require substantial changes to the input driver code as these are Linux specific.

Removing the _RPI compiler directive will remove any Pi specific code, namely the GPIO hardware driver, so any build of fruitbox not for the Raspberry Pi won't support GPIO inputs and outputs.

You can find instructions on how to build the fruitbox from source in the build.txt file in the build subdirectory in the rpi-fruitbox GitHub repository.

Cheers
Mike

fishingplease

Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:50 pm

Playlists:
Mike, what an excellent piece of software. Thank you very much for all your hard work this is my favourite jukebox software ever. Just a quick question. Is there a way to load saved playlist from a jukebox song selection screen? Also what file extension / format should the playlist have?

Return to “Graphics, sound and multimedia”