suncloud

Raspberry Pi Aluminium BASE

Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:20 am

prota_pi-prota_base_03.jpg
prota_pi-prota_base_03.jpg (51.98 KiB) Viewed 3085 times
As a fan and a team of creators, we sought for aluminum enclosures for Raspberry Pi that could be used in our daily environment of software development. We connected and disconnected the cables in the process of testing. It was tiresome to repeat the process, not to mention that it was aesthetically unpleasing to see the cables stretching out in every direction. Aluminium cases and enclosures we came across had details that captured us but did not please us enough. We decided to make a move ourselves and came up with this.
raspberry_pi_b_plus_base-detail01.jpg
raspberry_pi_b_plus_base-detail01.jpg (51.76 KiB) Viewed 3085 times
We had three things in mind.
  • 1. Must be made with aluminium that is durable.
    2. Connection and disconnection of cables must be easy.
    3. Cables must be neatly arranged.
It comes in a full alumnium body and an acylic plate that protect Raspberry Pi from external impacts. Four holes on the bottom of BASE let you mount it to walls. BASE we believe is a sturdy piece for your development environment.

For more pictures and information, please visit BASE website: http://goo.gl/0m7D0z

or our homepage: https://myprota.com or https://shop.myprota.com.

We always welcome your feedbacks and opinions. Please let us know what you think down below or on our forum.
Last edited by suncloud on Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Lob0426

Re: Raspberry Pi Aluminium BASE

Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:58 pm

You will be having problems with selling this product to some people. Your instructions call for widening the mounting holes in the Raspberry Pi board. Most people will not do this. They believe modifying the board will destroy it.

I recommend you redesign so your posts to go through the holes without modifying them.
512MB version 2.0 as WordPress Server
Motorola Lapdock with Pi2B
Modded Rev 1.0 with pin headers at USB

http://rich1.dyndns.tv/
(RS)Allied ships old stock to reward its Customers for long wait!

suncloud

Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:02 am

Lob0426 wrote:You will be having problems with selling this product to some people. Your instructions call for widening the mounting holes in the Raspberry Pi board. Most people will not do this. They believe modifying the board will destroy it.

I recommend you redesign so your posts to go through the holes without modifying them.
We did not realize this to be that serious. Thank you for your honest feedback. We will take measures promptly to resolve the issue.

suncloud

Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:09 am

Lob0426 wrote:You will be having problems with selling this product to some people. Your instructions call for widening the mounting holes in the Raspberry Pi board. Most people will not do this. They believe modifying the board will destroy it.

In order to improve, we have changed the bolt size from existing M4 to M3 which is smaller than its previous parts.
When fastened with M3, a path for the screws will be created on the 2.7mm mounting holes of Raspberry Pi B+ and it can be done with an ordinary 1.5mm hex wrench.
We believe that it will not necessarily require "widening the mounting holes" with pointy tools that could perhaps affect the operation of the board.
What is your thoughts on this? Do you think we are on the right track?

BMS Doug

Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:50 pm

suncloud wrote:

In order to improve, we have changed the bolt size from existing M4 to M3 which is smaller than its previous parts.
When fastened with M3, a path for the screws will be created on the 2.7mm mounting holes of Raspberry Pi B+ and it can be done with an ordinary 1.5mm hex wrench.
We believe that it will not necessarily require "widening the mounting holes" with pointy tools that could perhaps affect the operation of the board.
What is your thoughts on this? Do you think we are on the right track?

I'm not a potential customer for your case but if I were looking for a case I wouldn't consider one which required such a method to assemble, If I had bought such a case I would return it once I realised the bolts were the wrong size.

In my opinion a case should fit its designed device with no need for modification of the device or the case.
Doug.
Building Management Systems Engineer.

Return to “Other projects”