morticiaskeeper

Re: RPi Cam Web Interface

Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:18 pm

Thanks Robert

That confirms that my brain is working tonight!

harlock74

Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:25 pm

btidey wrote:
GMT Offset can either be a numeric hours offset from GMT or it can be a timezone string as per http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tz ... time_zones So London as a string would be Europe/London
Robert,
Thanks for your response!

harlock74

Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:02 pm

Robert,
I have edit the Scheduling page to populate the GMT field with Europe/London but after this change it would appear it is day (indeed I can see it is highlighted in green) and not night. When you get a chance can you please have look at it?
Thanks

EDIT: Please ignore my post. It is all normal I forgot I ticked the AllDay option :oops:

harlock74

Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:55 pm

Nexoru wrote:
itsmedoofer wrote:Hi,
Nexoru wrote:Hey ,

i secured the Interface with htaccess , because i forwarded it.
Now i recognized that with the htaccess function activated , the Motion Detection doesn't work anymore.

Is there an fix or an better solution for that ?

T4H
From memory you have to edit:-

/etc/motion/motion.conf

and add:-

netcam_userpass user:pass

If you have changed the port you will also need to alter that in the conf as well.....

netcam_url http://localhost:new_port/cam_pic.php
it wont work ... i did everything that stands in the tutorial (1post) but now it wont question me for my password
Robert,
I am experiencing a similar issue. I have followed these instructions:
http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewt ... 60#p500460

but after inserting user and password, motion won't start all. Just out curiosity I followed the same steps with the original software and everything worked well, motion started correctly. No idea about it.
Thanks.

btidey

Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:55 pm

harlock74 wrote: Robert,

but after inserting user and password, motion won't start all. Just out curiosity I followed the same steps with the original software and everything worked well, motion started correctly. No idea about it.
Thanks.
I don't think it is necessarily associated with my version of software. I have full password protection on and also port forwarding on my router to give external access, and that all works Ok.

The first test to do is to browse to http://cameraIP/cam_pic.php This should ask for a password if not already entered and should then return a single image from the camera. This is effectively what motion is doing all the time.

btidey

Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:06 am

Latest version now has support for v3 annotation. It defaults to using the existing v2 scheme.

If one wants to try v3 you really need the /boot/start_x.elf update that also fixes the flickering size experienced by some. See recent posts about this.

V3 gives extra control over the annotation, in particular the text size, colour and background colour can be set.

To use background set the existing background control ON. This defaults to black unless you set the background colour with the new controls.

There are a few new controls under camera settings that allow setting the annotation version, text size, text colour and background colour. The latter only work if V3 is selected. If the text colour or background colour are used then the enable should be set on otherwise they just default.

There also 4 new commands that control these (av, as, at, ac) These are detailed in the pdf and on the command reference in schedule. Text size can actually go up to 99 rather than the 60 as shown. I'll correct that next time.
Attachments
custom1.jpg
custom1.jpg (8 KiB) Viewed 4760 times
Custom2.jpg
Custom2.jpg (18.04 KiB) Viewed 4760 times

Nexoru

Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:03 am

btidey wrote:

Thanks.
I don't think it is necessarily associated with my version of software. I have full password protection on and also port forwarding on my router to give external access, and that all works Ok.

The first test to do is to browse to http://cameraIP/cam_pic.php This should ask for a password if not already entered and should then return a single image from the camera. This is effectively what motion is doing all the time.
Yea i also got the Password question when i visit http://cameraip/cam_pic.php but when i go in the main interface it wont question me for a password ....

What are u mean with the ORIGINAL SOFTWARE ?

piecam

Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:29 pm

HI Robert,
It seems that the following attempt of changing file name/folder results same error. Any ideas ? I am using updated version by today. What I did was trying to do a manual video/image capture.

preview_path /dev/shm/mjpeg/cam.jpg
image_path /var/www/media/%Y-%M-%D/Driveway_NoIR/im_%i_%Y%M%D_%h%m%s.jpg
lapse_path /var/www/media/%Y-%M-%D/Driveway_NoIR/tl_%i_%t_%Y%M%D_%h%m%s.jpg
video_path /var/www/media/%Y-%M-%D/Driveway_NoIR/vi_%v_%Y%M%D_%h%m%s.mp4
status_file /var/www/status_mjpeg.txt
control_file /var/www/FIFO

I also noticed there's a file (thumb file) in root directory, like this,
2015-03-20@Driveway_NoIR@im_0000_20150320_082538.jpg.i0000.th.jpg.

Any log files I can find out for you?

thanks

Gary Littlemore

Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:08 pm

Have you got a external feed to the stream, I'd love to see that.
Hix wrote:Well, I got rid of the flicker. But i also got rid of the entire pi.
Seems something was screwed with the start_x.elf as it fails to boot now.
Unfortunately it's housed in a nestbox, so there's no getting to the card now :/
3b+, 2b, b+, b, Zero & Zero-W

btidey

Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:20 pm

btidey wrote:
Possibly but I like to play it safe so I'd wget it into my home folder first then do

Code: Select all

sudo cp /boot/start_x.elf /boot/start_x.elfold
sudo chown root:root start_x.elf
sudo chmod 755 start_x.elf
sudo cp start_x.elf /boot/start_x.elf
6by9 says the start_x fix is now merged upstream so sudo rpi-update should now be used to get this.

btidey

Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:57 pm

piecam wrote:HI Robert,
It seems that the following attempt of changing file name/folder results same error. Any ideas ? I am using updated version by today. What I did was trying to do a manual video/image capture.

preview_path /dev/shm/mjpeg/cam.jpg
image_path /var/www/media/%Y-%M-%D/Driveway_NoIR/im_%i_%Y%M%D_%h%m%s.jpg
lapse_path /var/www/media/%Y-%M-%D/Driveway_NoIR/tl_%i_%t_%Y%M%D_%h%m%s.jpg
video_path /var/www/media/%Y-%M-%D/Driveway_NoIR/vi_%v_%Y%M%D_%h%m%s.mp4
status_file /var/www/status_mjpeg.txt
control_file /var/www/FIFO

I also noticed there's a file (thumb file) in root directory, like this,
2015-03-20@Driveway_NoIR@im_0000_20150320_082538.jpg.i0000.th.jpg.

Any log files I can find out for you?

thanks
The thumbnail is correct. All thumbnails are still stored in media folder with subdirectory / replaced by @. That make sit possible to find the real capture files.

On my system that was working and capture files were being stored correctly and would preview. See below where I put your image_path in and captured an image.

However, there was a problem with downloads and zips which I have now hopefully fixed.
Attachments
folders1.jpg
folders1.jpg (24.82 KiB) Viewed 4626 times

harlock74

Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:08 pm

btidey wrote:

Thanks.

Hi Robert,
OK thanks I will do this test as suggested.
When you get a chance, would you please be so kind as to confirm that the steps mentioned in the link below:
are working for you as well?
Thanks a lot?

harlock74

Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:09 pm

btidey wrote:
btidey wrote:
Possibly but I like to play it safe so I'd wget it into my home folder first then do

sudo cp /boot/start_x.elf /boot/start_x.elfold
sudo chown root:root start_x.elf
sudo chmod 755 start_x.elf
sudo cp start_x.elf /boot/start_x.elf

6by9 says the start_x fix is now merged upstream so sudo rpi-update should now be used to get this.
Great! Many thanks for sharing this info!

Hix

Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:12 pm

Great news. Thanks all,
for the efforts!

Hix

Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:21 pm

Gary Littlemore wrote:Have you got a external feed to the stream, I'd love to see that.
Hix wrote:Well, I got rid of the flicker. But i also got rid of the entire pi.
Seems something was screwed with the start_x.elf as it fails to boot now.
Unfortunately it's housed in a nestbox, so there's no getting to the card now :/
missed your question Gary: http://nestboxcam.hopto.org/

Hix

Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:34 pm

btidey wrote:Latest version now has support for v3 annotation. It defaults to using the existing v2 scheme.

If one wants to try v3 you really need the /boot/start_x.elf update that also fixes the flickering size experienced by some. See recent posts about this.

V3 gives extra control over the annotation, in particular the text size, colour and background colour can be set.

To use background set the existing background control ON. This defaults to black unless you set the background colour with the new controls.

There are a few new controls under camera settings that allow setting the annotation version, text size, text colour and background colour. The latter only work if V3 is selected. If the text colour or background colour are used then the enable should be set on otherwise they just default.

There also 4 new commands that control these (av, as, at, ac) These are detailed in the pdf and on the command reference in schedule. Text size can actually go up to 99 rather than the 60 as shown. I'll correct that next time.
I've run

rpi-update
and rebooted, then
removed all RPi... in ~ followed by

git clone https://github.com/roberttidey/RPi_Cam_Web_Interface.git
then

RPi_Cam_Web_Interface_Installer.sh install
another reboot but I don't see the new annotation options and the flicker still exists :/

0lly

Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:13 pm

btidey wrote:Latest version now has support for v3 annotation. It defaults to using the existing v2 scheme.
works perfect
arpi.JPG
arpi.JPG (12.62 KiB) Viewed 4520 times
but when you klick Default Anon you get a typo ;)
typo.JPG
typo.JPG (11.81 KiB) Viewed 4520 times

btidey

Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:18 pm

Hix wrote: another reboot but I don't see the new annotation options and the flicker still exists :/
Not sure about the rpi-update I was just passing on what I've been told. As I'd done mine manually I didn't bother with that. I'll check a bit further.

The extra annotation settings are at the bottom of the list under camera settings on front page.

Hix

Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:28 pm

btidey wrote:
Hix wrote: another reboot but I don't see the new annotation options and the flicker still exists :/
Not sure about the rpi-update I was just passing on what I've been told. As I'd done mine manually I didn't bother with that. I'll check a bit further.

The extra annotation settings are at the bottom of the list under camera settings on front page.
I think i've finally got it to work. I had to completely remove the whole thing though.

I've pulled down all the latest updates and reinstalled and it seems to be working, there is the :: typo in the second field too.

Weirldy if you sudo nano /etc/raspimjpeg the annotation does not manage what is set in the gui.?!

I'm leaving it well alone now though.
Thanks again

0lly

Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:41 pm

when you klick default you get

RPi Cam %Y.%M.%D_%h:%n:%s
korrekt is

RPi Cam %Y.%M.%D_%h:%m:%s
default is correkt in /etc/raspimjpeg
Last edited by 0lly on Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

piecam

Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:42 pm

HI Robet,

My current pi with your software works fine. I put another pie with camera with same system(minibian,your webinterfce). But, I encountered the followings,
root@raspberrypi:~/RPi_Cam_Web_Interface# ./RPi_Cam_Web_Interface_Installer.sh start
Started
root@raspberrypi:~/RPi_Cam_Web_Interface# mmalipc: mmal_vc_init: could not open vchiq service
mmal: mmal_vc_component_create: failed to initialise mmal ipc for 'vc.ril.camera' (7:EIO)
mmal: mmal_component_create_core: could not create component 'vc.ril.camera' (7)
Error: Could not create camera
^C

Any ideas why?
thanks

btidey

Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:52 pm

0lly wrote:
works perfect
arpi.JPG
but when you klick Default Anon you get a typo ;)
typo.JPG
Good to see that.

There was a problem with default in raspimjpeg where the %m that produces minutes was mis-typed as %n. I fixed that a few days back. However, it looks like cut and paste led to the same problem with the default button on the web page. Fixed now. It just affects the index.php where %n needs to be changed to a %m, so could be locally edited to avoid a reinstall.

DougieLawson

Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:55 pm

piecam wrote:My current pi with your software works fine. I put another pie with camera with same system(minibian,your webinterfce). But, I encountered the followings,
root@raspberrypi:~/RPi_Cam_Web_Interface# ./RPi_Cam_Web_Interface_Installer.sh start
Started
root@raspberrypi:~/RPi_Cam_Web_Interface# mmalipc: mmal_vc_init: could not open vchiq service
mmal: mmal_vc_component_create: failed to initialise mmal ipc for 'vc.ril.camera' (7:EIO)
mmal: mmal_component_create_core: could not create component 'vc.ril.camera' (7)
Have you added

gpu_mem=128
start_x=1
to /boot/config.txt and rebooted?

Is the small SUNNY connector on the camera board pressed fully home in it's socket?

Is the camera detected if you run vcgencmd get_camera?
Languages using left-hand whitespace for syntax are ridiculous

DMs sent on https://twitter.com/DougieLawson or LinkedIn will be answered next month.
Fake doctors - are all on my foes list.

The use of crystal balls and mind reading is prohibited.

btidey

Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:58 pm

piecam wrote:HI Robet,

My current pi with your software works fine. I put another pie with camera with same system(minibian,your webinterfce). But, I encountered the followings,
Started
^C

Any ideas why?
thanks
Not tried minibian but there do seem to be reports about vchiq service.

You could try chmod a+rw /dev/vchiq

If that works then it will only last until next reboot. A more permanent solution then is

sudo echo 'SUBSYSTEM=="vchiq",GROUP="video",MODE="0660"' > /etc/udev/rules.d/10-vchiq-permissions.rules
    usermod -a -G video [your_username]

piecam

Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:02 pm

HI Robert,
with regard to altering filename,location in /etc/raspmjpeg, I tried %Y%M%D and it worked. Then, I deleted existing %Y-%M-%D, it worked again.

I suspect that the problem is that, I may have existing directory (created by MotionPie) already each day, your RPI Web Interface finds out there's one already and quits.

Can you check whether script can be modified to check whether there's existing folder? if there's already one, just use it. Otherwise, create new one. Same for date folder and location folder, any folder?

thanks
Attachments
Screenshot47.png
Screenshot47.png (20.93 KiB) Viewed 4453 times
Screenshot46.png
Screenshot46.png (40.21 KiB) Viewed 4453 times

Return to “Camera board”