Avfc50

SOLVED - Chromium(MediaEdition) on a RBPi4 will not stream YouTubeTV Channels?

Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:23 pm

Using Chromium(Media Edition), I am trying to get YouTubeTV Video Streams working on a RBPi4 (4gb). Netflix, Hulu and regular YouTube videos work fine but YouTubeTV gives "Sorry, there was an error licensing this video." Is Chromium(Media Edition) not using the correct "Hand Shake" to allow My YouTubeTV subscription to work on the RPi4? YouTubeTV works fine on my MacMini, iPhone7 and iPad. Any Help would be useful!
Last edited by Avfc50 on Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

bensimmo

Re: Chromium(MediaEdition) on a RBPi4 will not stream YouTubeTV Channels?

Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:25 pm

Have you asked the people who make 'media edition'?

Avfc50

Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:49 pm

Tried contacting the Developer on Chromium(Media Edition) several days ago, but still no response. The YouTube login seems to know my login credentials and location, but still will not show any channel streams without the Authorization error coming up.

Cloudcentric

Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:23 am

Avfc50 wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:49 pm
Tried contacting the Developer on Chromium(Media Edition) several days ago, but still no response. The YouTube login seems to know my login credentials and location, but still will not show any channel streams without the Authorization error coming up.

I believe it is a general chromium-browser foible, and hopefully RPT / RPF will release an update to a newer release, hopefully 92, which should make chromium media edition unnecessary:

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=318835#p1916979

Raspberry Pi (Buster) Operating System needs regular checking for updates:

https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentati ... #using-apt

Avfc50

Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:20 am

I have just updated my Raspberry Pi OS. That updated Chromium to version 92.. YouTube TV will still not display a channel stream. I can still stream Netflix and Hulu, but NOT YouTube TV !! Does anyone have a solution to this issue?

Still the same error: "Sorry, there was an error licensing this video."

whittet

Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:09 pm

Try this package to do it.
sudo apt install libwidevinecdm0

Avfc50

Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:55 am

Over the last 6 months, I have followed every thread you have provided but have never gotten Amazon Prime Video or YouTube TV video to stream. I continually get "Digital Rights Errors" even when I am logged in properly to my Amazon Prime and/or YouTube TV accounts using the Chromium Web Browser, with the libwidevinecdm0 install. My question now is, Will anyone actually fix this problem?

On YouTubeTV, after 2 minutes of the Spinning Wheel of Death, I get "Sorry, there was an error licensing this video."

On Amazon Prime, after 1 minute of the Spinning wheel of Death, I get "Digital Rights Error: 7235"

My accounts stream properly using Chrome Browsers on Apple Mac Computers, iPhones and iPads using Safari or the Chrome web browsers, as well as Windows 10 PC's and Android Phones. WHY NOT when using a Raspberry Pi 4 OS with the Chromium Web Browser? CAN ANYONE HELP HERE???

Avfc50

Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:07 pm

I finally found a solution to viewing YouTube TV Channels on a Raspberry Pi 4 using Chromium(Media Edition). You must - Launch Chromium, Clear Browsing data... (Both Basic and Advanced) before logging into YouTube TV. If you do not do this EVERY TIME, you get an error screen or the Chromium Browser just quits.

Return to “Raspberry Pi OS”