MysteriousRJC

Screen/preloaded sd card/dual shock controller?

Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:37 pm

Hi. I'm new to this forum so these questions are newbie Qs. I'm considering buying Raspberry Pi kit to create a retro pie gaming console. I know you can output the video to a TV by HDMI ... I'm also wondering does anyone out there use a small portable screen say if they travel or in a room where there isn't a regular TV in their home? If so, do you have any recommendations on what is a good screen? I'm preferably looking for something that the Raspberry Pi does not need to be mounted to, but simply can connect to by the HDMI output.

Also wondering if you had any recommendations for where to get a preloaded pre setup SD card that had RetroPie and a bunch of emulators/games preloaded. I was thinking it might be more convenient just to buy one that's preset up. Thoughts?

Finally, I have a PS4, do the dual shock controllers setup/work pretty easy with Pi4? Wirelessly or wired?

RasPiGaming

Re: Screen/preloaded sd card/dual shock controller?

Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:57 pm

MysteriousRJC wrote:
Hi. I'm new to this forum so these questions are newbie Qs. I'm considering buying Raspberry Pi kit to create a retro pie gaming console. I know you can output the video to a TV by HDMI ... I'm also wondering does anyone out there use a small portable screen say if they travel or in a room where there isn't a regular TV in their home? If so, do you have any recommendations on what is a good screen? I'm preferably looking for something that the Raspberry Pi does not need to be mounted to, but simply can connect to by the HDMI output.

Also wondering if you had any recommendations for where to get a preloaded pre setup SD card that had RetroPie and a bunch of emulators/games preloaded. I was thinking it might be more convenient just to buy one that's preset up. Thoughts?

Finally, I have a PS4, do the dual shock controllers setup/work pretty easy with Pi4? Wirelessly or wired?

I can answer 2 of those.

Just search "Retropie SD Card" on Amazon, I got one with 12,000 games for $20.

I use my Dualshock 4 on my Pi4 all the time.
An RPi can be a gaming PC. As long as you have the right packages and software anyway.
Using a RPi4 8GB with Ubuntu Desktop 21.04, main interests are gaming and programming. Also occasionally uses two RPi3B+ and a RPi3B.

MysteriousRJC

Re: Screen/preloaded sd card/dual shock controller?

Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:19 pm

RasPiGaming wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:57 pm
MysteriousRJC wrote:

I can answer 2 of those.

Just search "Retropie SD Card" on Amazon, I got one with 12,000 games for $20.

I use my Dualshock 4 on my Pi4 all the time.
Thanks for your reply :D

Return to “Gaming”