bob5731

Re: How to control a 360 servo

Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:11 pm

I was trying to run everything locally and for free. If that's possible. If I have to reinvent the wheel that would be possible too. I know very little about Arduino programming. I know nothing about programming for Android to raspberry pi in Arduino. Like I said I just need a way to input the name of the pills and the strength of the pill and the number of pills that need to be spent then have the machine dispense them. Something like the hero but without a monthly subscription like I said before.

ame

Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:23 pm

Totally possible, but it will need a lot of knowledge, skill, and experience that you don't have yet.

There are three aspects of this project. Any one of them will require a significant investment of time, but treating them individually might make the whole thing seem less overwhelming.

1) pill dispensing mechanism
It dispenses individual pills, or a small canister filled with pre-calculated doses. You could use the toy containers from Kinder chocolate eggs. Doesn't matter what it looks like or how it works, but it will probably have a motor and some switches in there, and some 3D printed parts.

2) machine controller
Now you have a dispensing mechanism you need something to control it. It needs to respond to "dispense now" commands, and "are you empty", and "you have been refilled". Or something like that.

3) overall application
This handles the dispensing schedule over days and weeks. It probably has some kind of diary, and a log of what it has been doing. The application is tied to the hardware, obviously, but the interface could be local, or via the network. If you have a powerful controller, such as a Pi, it can easily link to other online services and send email or notifications to your phone.

You can copy that instructable precisely. It should work. Or you could build something else. Or adapt some ideas you have seen. Or design your own. But first, you have to be clear about what you want, then you can figure out how to make it.

neilgl

Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:39 am

I'm stuck at the point where you install the software on the raspberry pi….
As I said in the other thread https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/pos ... &p=1914566
It says on their guide, “ Take in mind that before starting your web with Ionic, Node.js has to be installed”
Also, they seem to be using an Arduino, not a pi.

But node.js can be installed and run on the pi.

bob5731

Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:11 pm

I'm trying to get that instructable installed or that link I've got node.js installed on my raspberry pi. The gentleman that wrote the whole entire project said to to compile it and post it on my web server. When it comes to Linux I'm a newbie or running commands outside of dos. I know the dose offering system like the back of my hand or I should say the basic functions. I'm really just a computer technician this is all new in Greek to me. I've got the 3D printed parts just got to get to my 3D printer and print them. I've never designed anything like this in 3D CAD would like to add two more pill dispensers if possible but that'll be a future upgrade. Been working on this for over a week and have nothing quite frustrating. Your help would be appreciated in this matter

ame

Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:33 pm

A week! Wow. What's taking you so long?

Seriously though, I think you underestimate how much effort this project is going to be. I'd suggest it's going to take several months. But, if you persevere then when you are done you will have learned a lot.

What is your plan? Copy the instructable precisely, or design and build your own version?

neilgl

Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:53 pm

The software application in that guide uses the “Ionic” framework that uses node.js and has various .ts files (not JSON) for the web functions. That is not a beginner thing.

bob5731

Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:34 am

My bad I have node.js installed on my raspberry pi.
If I could get a pre-built image of the instructable with software I would go that direction and copy the instructable. If not I would have to start over the instructions are not clear-cut for me. But I could use his STL file as a starting point. His file only dispenses four different meds it looks like. My final design would have to dispense at least 6 to 8 different meds twice a day.

bob5731

Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:45 pm

I got [Smart Pill Dispenser - Arduino Project Hub](https://create.arduino.cc/projecthub/ma ... 07a43f?f=1) up and run bot not fully work.
cd Users\brandon\Downloads\smartpill-webui-master (1)\smartpill-webui-master
npm.cmd i
ionic serve.

I do not it run raspberry pi at the moment. it is run on windows.

I do not have working esp32 bored.

will I get back Will setup my raspberry pi and see if I can get it working.

I would get all of the code winking a my raspberry pi. I not want to use a arduino. raspberry pi a touchscreen that I can sue.

How do add the backed to my raspberry pi? What do I need to edit get back end working on the raspberry pi. It's also not letting me submit the pills when I go to the configuration. Still trying to figure out how to sort this out but have no clue at the moment.

Return to “Beginners”