WixOff

How can I change my operating system to 64-bit

Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:10 pm

:cry: I wanted to change my operating system for a 64 bit, so with pi imager I flashed my usb stick. And booted my raspberry on usb stick, but when i boot it switches to :
Raspberryp1 tty1

N:

Then i cant go out and can type after n: , idk what to do 😶

kip_the_elder

Re: How can i do it ?

Sun May 01, 2022 12:54 pm

You really need to give us more information. For example...

What PI is it?

What 64 bit OS have you tried to install? Is it the Pi-OS or a third party one?

rpdom

Re: How can i do it ?

Sun May 01, 2022 2:33 pm

That's part of the text-only login messages for the "Lite" version. It looks like your screen is cutting off the left side of the text

Code: Select all

Debian GNU/Linux 11 raspberrypi tty1

raspberrypi login:
is the sort of thing it should say. Typing your user name should then bring up a password prompt although that is shorter so wouldn't show on your screen. Typing the password would get the command line prompt whic also might be too short to see.

You might have an option in your TV/monitor's configuration menus to show the full screen. It might be called "PC mode".
Unreadable squiggle

retrkdr

Re: How can I change my operating system to 64-bit

Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:06 pm

I played with the 32 bit version on RPi400 (I've had it less than a month). Worked fine but I thought the 64-bit might be faster so I did the standard drill - Raspberrypi.com/software, got the 64 bit + desktop. Everything worked exactly as it should. It is faster - I'm using the LibreOffice app and now looking for plotting software compatible with 64 bit OS. I digress however.

I flashed the OS to a new 32 gig Sandisk microSD with Balena Etcher. Stuck the card in the Pi400. Worked straight out of the box. Copied SD card to Crucial MX500 SSD (500 gig) with SD card copier and now I boot from SSD. Absolutely no issues so far. I am very pleased.

retrkdr

Re: How can I change my operating system to 64-bit

Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:07 pm

I played with the 32 bit version on RPi400 (I've had it less than a month). Worked fine but I thought the 64-bit might be faster so I did the standard drill - Raspberrypi.com/software, got the 64 bit + desktop. Everything worked exactly as it should. It is faster - I'm using the LibreOffice app and now looking for plotting software compatible with 64 bit OS. I digress however.

I flashed the OS to a new 32 gig Sandisk microSD with Balena Etcher. Stuck the card in the Pi400. Worked straight out of the box. Copied SD card to Crucial MX500 SSD (500 gig) with SD card copier and now I boot from SSD. Absolutely no issues so far. I am very pleased.

Return to “Raspberry Pi 400”