bmm85
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:25 pm

Re: [DEV] LineageOS 19.1 (Android 12L) for Raspberry Pi 4 B

Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:47 am

Has anybody succ installed nikgapps ?

Installing over twrp and restarting system afterwards touch screen is remaining white :-/

User avatar
Konsta
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:55 pm
Location: Finland

Re: [DEV] LineageOS 19.1 (Android 12L) for Raspberry Pi 4 B

Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:05 am

bmm85 wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:47 am
Has anybody succ installed nikgapps ?

Installing over twrp and restarting system afterwards touch screen is remaining white :-/
I don't know what's the status of any gapps release regarding Android 12L support. You would need to ask where you got the gapps.

Someone reported that BiTGApps failed to install on Android 12L. I tried some NikGApps release earlier and it worked fine on Android 12L as far as I tested (got Play Store and installed couple of apps).

Make sure that you've followed the gapps installation instructions in the FAQ. As always, impossible to say what would be the issues without seeing any logs.
KonstaKANG.com

cjan
Posts: 966
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 12:00 am

Re: [DEV] LineageOS 19.1 (Android 12L) for Raspberry Pi 4 B

Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:15 am

nikgapps is .bin not a zip file?

User avatar
Konsta
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:55 pm
Location: Finland

Re: [DEV] LineageOS 19.1 (Android 12L) for Raspberry Pi 4 B

Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:12 pm

cjan wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:15 am
nikgapps is .bin not a zip file?
Not that I'm aware of but you would need to ask where you got the gapps.

File might get renamed depending on how you downloaded it.
KonstaKANG.com

cjan
Posts: 966
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 12:00 am

Re: [DEV] LineageOS 19.1 (Android 12L) for Raspberry Pi 4 B

Sun Mar 27, 2022 2:29 am

Konsta wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:12 pm
cjan wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:15 am
nikgapps is .bin not a zip file?
Not that I'm aware of but you would need to ask where you got the gapps.

File might get renamed depending on how you downloaded it.
from your web link.

User avatar
Konsta
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:55 pm
Location: Finland

Re: [DEV] LineageOS 19.1 (Android 12L) for Raspberry Pi 4 B

Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:47 am

cjan wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 2:29 am
Konsta wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:12 pm
cjan wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:15 am
nikgapps is .bin not a zip file?
Not that I'm aware of but you would need to ask where you got the gapps.

File might get renamed depending on how you downloaded it.
from your web link.
Again, I don't have anything to do with any gapps release. They are just linked for your convenience (as even selecting the right package is overwhelming task for some). You would need to ask where you got the gapps. (https://www.google.com/ <- that didn't just make me the owner of Google or responsible for what might happen if you use it ;)).

Generally gapps packages are zip files to be installed in the recovery. Have you tried simply renaming the file you downloaded?
KonstaKANG.com

User avatar
Konsta
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:55 pm
Location: Finland

Re: [DEV] LineageOS 19 (Android 12L) for Raspberry Pi 4 B

Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:28 am

New builds.

https://konstakang.com/devices/rpi4/LineageOS19/

-automatically set density based on display resolution (use ‘ro.sf.force_lcd_density’ property if you want to force specific density)
-add option to disable tablet taskbar and show traditional navigation bar instead
-update to TWRP 3.6.1_11-0-KonstaKANG
-update to Mesa 22.0.1
-update to Linux 5.10.109 kernel and patch known vulnerabilities (CVE-xxxx-xxxx, and more)
-Android security patch level: 5 April 2022 (merged)

---

https://konstakang.com/devices/rpi4/LineageOS19-ATV/

-Android 12L / LineageOS 19.1
-also available as OTA package
-automatically set density based on display resolution (use ‘ro.sf.force_lcd_density’ property if you want to force specific density)
-various drm_hwcomposer updates e.g. support for dual-HDMI displays and headless mode (thanks to Roman Stratiienko)
-switch to codec2 software decoders/encoders
-add option to enable currently very WIP H.264 hardware video decoding using v4l2_codec2 (enable experimental feature from the settings)
-update to TWRP 3.6.1_11-0-KonstaKANG
-update to Mesa 22.0.1
-update to Linux 5.10.109 kernel and patch known vulnerabilities (CVE-xxxx-xxxx, and more)
-Android security patch level: 5 April 2022 (merged)
KonstaKANG.com

Bosakie
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2022 1:53 am

Re: [DEV] LineageOS 19 (Android 12L) for Raspberry Pi 4 B

Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:59 pm

Hello all,

I tried installing all version of Lineage on my Raspberry Pi 4 2gig. I was lucky enough to install Lineage 17 once. I wiped the SD card and have been trying to reinstall the image again, but after burning any version of Lineage the Pi does not recognize the SD card. I have been able to write a Pi image an the. Add is recognized and boots fine. I have tried different SD cards that I know function. The problem is the once I write a Lineage image the card is not recognized on the Pi.

Any help would be much appreciated

Thank you

Akshit Singh
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:19 am

Re: [DEV] LineageOS 19 (Android 12L) for Raspberry Pi 4 B

Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:18 am

do i need to edit config.txt to use a GPIO GPS with lineage 19 OS

User avatar
Konsta
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:55 pm
Location: Finland

Re: [DEV] LineageOS 19 (Android 12L) for Raspberry Pi 4 B

Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:29 am

Bosakie wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:59 pm
Hello all,

I tried installing all version of Lineage on my Raspberry Pi 4 2gig. I was lucky enough to install Lineage 17 once. I wiped the SD card and have been trying to reinstall the image again, but after burning any version of Lineage the Pi does not recognize the SD card. I have been able to write a Pi image an the. Add is recognized and boots fine. I have tried different SD cards that I know function. The problem is the once I write a Lineage image the card is not recognized on the Pi.

Any help would be much appreciated

Thank you
What makes you think the card is not recognized on the Pi? Do you see the bootloader screen? Do you see the rainbow screen? Do the LEDs blink?

Have you followed the instructions on how to flash the image? You can also try flashing with a different tool (e.g. Balena Etcher). If you're a Windows user make sure not to let Windows "fix" any Linux partitions after writing the image because it will only break them.
Last edited by Konsta on Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
KonstaKANG.com

User avatar
Konsta
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:55 pm
Location: Finland

Re: [DEV] LineageOS 19 (Android 12L) for Raspberry Pi 4 B

Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:30 am

Akshit Singh wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:18 am
do i need to edit config.txt to use a GPIO GPS with lineage 19 OS
GPIO GPS has been discussed e.g.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/dev- ... t-85192865
http://disq.us/p/2m34x04

It's been reported that bluetooth doesn't work in recent builds if you use GPIO GPS.
KonstaKANG.com

User avatar
Konsta
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:55 pm
Location: Finland

Re: [DEV] LineageOS 19 (Android 12L) for Raspberry Pi 4 B

Wed May 11, 2022 8:07 am

New builds. Same changelog on both.
https://konstakang.com/devices/rpi4/LineageOS19/
https://konstakang.com/devices/rpi4/LineageOS19-ATV/

  • add support for Compute Module 4
    • fix HDMI/DAC audio device selection on CM4 & Pi 400 that don't have 3.5mm audio jack
    • fix USB storage (Pi 400 as well?)
    • fix issue with webview/browser
    • add support for the RTC on the I/O board
    • use OTG mode for USB to support ADB, MTP, PTP, USB tethering on the micro-USB port on the I/O board
  • add support for APDS9930 ambient light/proximity sensor
  • update to TWRP 3.6.1_11-1-KonstaKANG
  • update to Mesa 22.0.3
  • update to Linux 5.10.112 kernel and patch known vulnerabilities (CVE-xxxx-xxxx, and more)
  • Android security patch level: 5 May 2022 (merged)
KonstaKANG.com

Akshit Singh
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:19 am

Re: [DEV] LineageOS 19 (Android 12L) for Raspberry Pi 4 B

Wed May 11, 2022 1:49 pm

i have tried to do maps navigation with usb gps but still it says gps signal lost

adamsouthside
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat May 14, 2022 3:05 pm

Re: [DEV] LineageOS 19.0 (Android 12) for Raspberry Pi 4 B

Sat May 14, 2022 3:12 pm

JohnSoCalUSA wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:36 pm
Konsta wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:47 am
Do you mean audio over HDMI, 3.5mm jack, DAC, bluetooth or USB because that makes a difference as well?

I'm aware HDMI audio is not exactly great on builds with 5.10 kernel. You can read some background on the HDMI audio with 5.10 kernel on Pi issue tracker (https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/issues/4651 & https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/issues/4654). It's a small miracle we're getting anything out of those devices on Android. There's basically two loopbacks and a frame conversions in between to make this work somehow and the solution is far from perfect. If HDMI audio is too big of an issue you can use builds with 5.4 kernel (e.g. LineageOS 18 builds).
Yes, I was using HDMI for audio.
From what I had read, Android 12 TV has improvements for video so I was eager to try it out.
The problem with TV recordings is that there are many video resolutions and bit rates, including interlaced video.
Same with the audio.
The HDHomeRun android app does a pretty good job dealing with the various formats but it seems the Rpi4 hardware/kernel cannot keep up.
I will give your LineageOS 18 build a try and compare.

EDIT: I just tried the 18 build and the HDHomeRun app runs without the problems of the 19 build. I tried watching several recordings from different channels and they all looked and sounded great. I did not think the Rpi4 was capable of doing this!
I have exactly the same problem - I had Lineage 18.1 installed before and audio over HDMI was fine, but with 19.1 and audio cuts out all the time - this Lineage 19.1 OS for Raspberry PI is not ready for every day use - Use Lineage 18.xx instead.

User avatar
Konsta
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:55 pm
Location: Finland

Re: [DEV] LineageOS 19.0 (Android 12) for Raspberry Pi 4 B

Mon May 16, 2022 8:12 am

Akshit Singh wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 1:49 pm
i have tried to do maps navigation with usb gps but still it says gps signal lost
You would need to be a lot more precise than that.
adamsouthside wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 3:12 pm
JohnSoCalUSA wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:36 pm
Konsta wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:47 am
Do you mean audio over HDMI, 3.5mm jack, DAC, bluetooth or USB because that makes a difference as well?

I'm aware HDMI audio is not exactly great on builds with 5.10 kernel. You can read some background on the HDMI audio with 5.10 kernel on Pi issue tracker (https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/issues/4651 & https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/issues/4654). It's a small miracle we're getting anything out of those devices on Android. There's basically two loopbacks and a frame conversions in between to make this work somehow and the solution is far from perfect. If HDMI audio is too big of an issue you can use builds with 5.4 kernel (e.g. LineageOS 18 builds).
Yes, I was using HDMI for audio.
From what I had read, Android 12 TV has improvements for video so I was eager to try it out.
The problem with TV recordings is that there are many video resolutions and bit rates, including interlaced video.
Same with the audio.
The HDHomeRun android app does a pretty good job dealing with the various formats but it seems the Rpi4 hardware/kernel cannot keep up.
I will give your LineageOS 18 build a try and compare.

EDIT: I just tried the 18 build and the HDHomeRun app runs without the problems of the 19 build. I tried watching several recordings from different channels and they all looked and sounded great. I did not think the Rpi4 was capable of doing this!
I have exactly the same problem - I had Lineage 18.1 installed before and audio over HDMI was fine, but with 19.1 and audio cuts out all the time - this Lineage 19.1 OS for Raspberry PI is not ready for every day use - Use Lineage 18.xx instead.
Choice is entirely yours of course. I can't reproduce such issue with my displays at least.
KonstaKANG.com

bennylaird
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:36 am

Re: [DEV] LineageOS 19 (Android 12L) for Raspberry Pi 4 B

Sun May 22, 2022 7:00 am

Hi

I am using a Pi 4 4gig and have not been able to boot at all. I have tried SD cards and USB also with version 17. I do get green flashing but no video at all. I'm using a dvi with a hdmi adapter. Probably doing something basically wrong?

User avatar
Konsta
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:55 pm
Location: Finland

Re: [DEV] LineageOS 19 (Android 12L) for Raspberry Pi 4 B

Tue May 24, 2022 7:23 am

bennylaird wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 7:00 am
Hi

I am using a Pi 4 4gig and have not been able to boot at all. I have tried SD cards and USB also with version 17. I do get green flashing but no video at all. I'm using a dvi with a hdmi adapter. Probably doing something basically wrong?
You need to use a display that reports resolutions it supports via EDID. Most likely an issue with the adapter you are using.
KonstaKANG.com

Akshit Singh
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:19 am

Re: [DEV] LineageOS 19 (Android 12L) for Raspberry Pi 4 B

Tue May 24, 2022 2:57 pm

How can we change gps mode to high accuracy in lineage 19

bennylaird
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:36 am

Re: [DEV] LineageOS 19 (Android 12L) for Raspberry Pi 4 B

Thu May 26, 2022 2:56 am

You need to use a display that reports resolutions it supports via EDID. Most likely an issue with the adapter you are using.




Yes problem fixed also needed to change to the other HDMI port on the Pi.

Thanks

User avatar
Konsta
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:55 pm
Location: Finland

Re: [DEV] LineageOS 19 (Android 12L) for Raspberry Pi 4 B

Sat May 28, 2022 10:29 am

Akshit Singh wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 2:57 pm
How can we change gps mode to high accuracy in lineage 19
It seems Android 12 no longer has option between hardware only and network assisted location. There's now options to toggle wifi and bluetooth network location scanning, though. You likely still need gapps to use network location services.
bennylaird wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 2:56 am
Yes problem fixed also needed to change to the other HDMI port on the Pi.

Thanks
It shouldn't make any difference which HDMI port you use on the Pi.
KonstaKANG.com

Akshit Singh
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:19 am

Re: [DEV] LineageOS 19 (Android 12L) for Raspberry Pi 4 B

Sat May 28, 2022 1:46 pm

I have upgraded my 32 gb sd card to 64 gb but still I am getting total 8 gb space for apps and other things

User avatar
Konsta
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:55 pm
Location: Finland

Re: [DEV] LineageOS 19 (Android 12L) for Raspberry Pi 4 B

Sat May 28, 2022 2:10 pm

Akshit Singh wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 1:46 pm
I have upgraded my 32 gb sd card to 64 gb but still I am getting total 8 gb space for apps and other things
Please read the FAQ.
KonstaKANG.com

lsc7563
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue May 24, 2022 4:28 pm

Re: [DEV] LineageOS 19 (Android 12L) for Raspberry Pi 4 B

Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:25 am

The answer you gave me before made it possible to use the lineage. Thank you.

But there's another problem. I'm trying to connect to wifi using peap format ms-chapv2 in lineage 19, but I can't connect. If you enter the user ID and password correctly, the connection will still fail. Is there a way?

User avatar
Konsta
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:55 pm
Location: Finland

Re: [DEV] LineageOS 19 (Android 12L) for Raspberry Pi 4 B

Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:45 am

lsc7563 wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:25 am
The answer you gave me before made it possible to use the lineage. Thank you.

But there's another problem. I'm trying to connect to wifi using peap format ms-chapv2 in lineage 19, but I can't connect. If you enter the user ID and password correctly, the connection will still fail. Is there a way?
Sorry, no idea if this is even supported in Android in general. Quick Google search at least tells that there's been issues with this before.
KonstaKANG.com

huaraz
Posts: 57
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:04 pm

Re: [DEV] LineageOS 19 (Android 12L) for Raspberry Pi 4 B

Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:21 pm

Hi Konsta,

Thank you for the excellent work on Lineage for the Raspberry. I got Lineage 18 ( Android 11 ) 99% working - only get flickering when using overscan=0 as the display does not fit my TV screen. But I can't get Lineage 19 to work. When I start after copying the image it goes in an endless loop showing the colour screen and then:

Reset USB port-power 1000ms
lba: 2048 oem: 'mkfs.fat' volume:
rsc 32 fat-sectors 2017 c-count 25
Read config.txt bytes 1546 hnd
recover4.elf not found (6)
recovery.elf not found (6)
Read start4x.elf bytes 2992712 hnd
Read fixup4.dat bytes 8356 hnd
0x00c03111
MEM GPU: 76 ARM: 948 TOTAL: 1024

Any idea why Lineage 19 does not work but 18 does ?

Thank you
Markus
Pi owner since 2011 :-)

Return to “Android”