toldcodger

Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover

Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:02 pm

Hi,
I bought a Bluetooth Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover some while ago for the princely sum of £5. It was designed for an iPad and works perfectly on that. It works really well on the RPi except for the F keys.
For some reason the Escape and most of the F keys don’t register.

Anyone know it there is a fix for this ?

Regards

Dave
You should always keep the prime objective in mind.
However, when you’re up to your ass in alligators, it’s hard to remember that you came to drain the swamp. :D

MiscBits

Re: Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover

Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:05 pm

:D Assuming the keyboard actually send data then this article may help you remap the keys to the functions you need:

Code: Select all

https://ictsolved.github.io/remap-key-in-linux/
Never tried it on a Pi so YMMV
Old sig removed given the current world situation. Please wish / pray / work for a peaceful world.

toldcodger

Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:32 pm

Thanks for the info. I’ll look at this tomorrow.

I tried a Python program called, oddly enough … keyboard 😁

That showed that F13 & 14 did send data. The keyboard works perfectly on an iPad so I’m confident the keyboard works.

I’ll let you know what happens.
However, when you’re up to your ass in alligators, it’s hard to remember that you came to drain the swamp. :D

wildfire

Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:13 pm

Rather than mention you stuck a cover on it perhaps mentioning which Logitech model keyboard you're using would help readers to assist you?

Just an idea.
E8 85 A2 40 C9 40 81 94 40 81 95 40 89 84 89 96 A3
Still NF Shirls

trejan

Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:35 pm

wildfire wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:13 pm
Rather than mention you stuck a cover on it perhaps mentioning which Logitech model keyboard you're using would help readers to assist you?
They did. "Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover" IS the name of it. It is a Bluetooth keyboard embedded in an iPad cover.

wildfire

Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:46 pm

trejan wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:35 pm
They did. "Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover" IS the name of it. It is a Bluetooth keyboard embedded in an iPad cover.
Fair enough my google skills are lacking, any search I tried with ultrathin Logitech keyboard cover was irrelevant, I was just wondering if the cover (which is not the case) was the problem. Yeah removing "cover" from the search brings up more relevant results.

My apologies to the OP
E8 85 A2 40 C9 40 81 94 40 81 95 40 89 84 89 96 A3
Still NF Shirls

toldcodger

Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:35 pm

No worries wildfire. It annoys me too when people say “ It isn’t working”
The Electric.
The Pi.
Your fingers.
Any clues accepted 😂😂

Anywho, I have a very old Sony laptop running the Raspberry Pi Desktop version of Buster. A few days ago I noticed the down arrow key wasn’t working. I turned it off and on, blew on the affected area, prodded it with increasing effort and even gave it a good slap. It is dead.
I used xmodmap to swap the down arrow key for the nearby ‘End’ key and I can now move in a downward direction thanks to MiscBits. Well I can when I remember to hit the right key 😂😂
I’m going to have ago on the Logitech keyboard in a few minutes. It will be a little more complicated as I have work out how to do the ‘Fn’ F1 combination.
I downloaded an app called ScreenKey on the laptop. It shows what keys are registered when you press them. That didn’t register the ‘Fn’ key though.
Fingers crossed then, here we go 😂😂😂

toldcodger

Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:53 pm

I’ve got a couple of the F keys working on the Logitech keyboard. Thanks again MiscBits.

I am using an app called screenkey. This shows the key code or key sum for the key you just pressed on screen. I’m not convinced it is 100% accurate, or the key mapping is just wierd.

So all in all I’m having a couple of problems with this setup.

Firstly the physical keyboard has no F keys so I am having to remap the number keys on the top row.

Secondly some of these numerical keys have associated functions. These are fairly easy to remap.
Some of them have really weird mappings and these don’t seem to respond like the others.

I think this can be called a partial success so thanks again MiscBits

Return to “Troubleshooting”