CompuBot

AIY voice on existing rpios

Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:25 pm

Hi all. I recently gat a AIY voice kit with the intention of installing the bonnet on my pi 400 as a linux voice assistant so to speak. After setting it up, it appears that google used rpios with added files for the voice bonnet. I couldn’t find a way to install it on my existing os, but the one that came with it does boot and work with my 400. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

memjr

Re: AIY voice on existing rpios

Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:04 pm

Go to this url and scroll down. You'll find links to people that can help you with installing it if something does not work correctly on the current version of the OS.

https://github.com/google/aiyprojects-raspbian

scruss

Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:48 pm

Note that AIY Voice went end-of-life on July 20, 2021, so the software may no longer work
‘Remember the Golden Rule of Selling: “Do not resort to violence.”’ — McGlashan.
Pronouns: he/him

CompuBot

Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:13 am

Ok, so after installing the files from the link, they installed without errors but don’t work, so that leads me to believe that they don’t work with the newer rpios distributions. It does work with an old version of raspbian that they provided, but it is so old that it won’t even update when running the standard commands.

If I am correct(which I hope I am not), the only ways to make it work at this point would be to run an old raspbian distro on a dedicated pi(I don’t want outdated software on my primary desktop), or make my own files for it. Since I have no spare pi’s(the one that it came with is already running pi-hole :D) and I am trash when it comes to python, I will wait on the project for now, or at least until I have the knowledge to make my own drivers.

Again, please correct me if I am wrong, and please tell me if there is a way. But other then that, thanks.

Return to “AIY Projects”