valnurat

What tool to use to create website?

Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:34 pm

Hello.

I'm not sure what tool can be used to create a website on the raspberry pi. I looking for some kind where you just drag a button to where you want it and after that you can press on it and write your event. Is there a tool that do that? If not what tools can be used to make it a little easy to create a website?

Br

FTrevorGowen
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: What tool to use to create website?

Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:52 pm

valnurat wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:34 pm
Hello.

I'm not sure what tool can be used to create a website on the raspberry pi. I looking for some kind where you just drag a button to where you want it and after that you can press on it and write your event. Is there a tool that do that? If not what tools can be used to make it a little easy to create a website?

Br
FWIW, I don't use a "tool" to create my website but instead run a MoinMoin wiki on my P3B+ and export pages from that to build the (external) webpages. There are other "tools"/methods but IMO wiki syntax has a less-steep "learning curve". (See my sig. for the site's location)
Trev.
Still running Raspbian Jessie or Stretch on some older Pi's (an A, B1, 2xB2, B+, P2B, 3xP0, P0W, 2xP3A+, P3B, B+, and a A+) but Buster on the P3B+, P4B's & P400. See: https://www.cpmspectrepi.uk/raspberry_pi/raspiidx.htm

neilgl

Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:21 pm

I would go with Django

Mark_F

Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:01 am

I used Wordpress to create the web site in my sig. There’s loads of easy to follow tutorials available.
Mark F
http://jandmf.com
I came, I saw, I forgot what I was doing, retraced my steps and got distracted on my way back.
I have no idea what's going on and now I have to pee.

memjr

Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:48 am

Python frameworks really well if you're willing to do some reading and there are tons of tutorials for those on the web and YouTube.

Django for an "everything in the already box" for you as @neilgl already mentioned. There is Flask which is very light weight and you just add the pieces you need. And for APIs you can't go wrong with FastAPI.

scotty101

Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:59 am

I don't think any of the suggested options shared yet meet the OP's request for a WYSIWYG editor

Only one I have seen recently since the days of Microsoft Frontpage is http://www.bluegriffon.org/

Not sure if it runs on a Pi though
Electronic and Computer Engineer
Pi Interests: Home Automation, IOT, Python and Tkinter

pidd

Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:20 pm

Not tried it but LibreOffice Impress can do html output and have navigation buttons.

There are plenty of online wysiwyg html generators if that is the way you what to go, just expect a million <div>'s and tons of CSS in the code. Generally I find it easier to learn to code html by hand from hand-coded examples than to do anything other than the simplest of changes to generated code.

Return to “General discussion”