henkiew

Re: Argon One Replacement Daemon

Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:25 pm

OK great. I have really no idea for the value. I already tried to change the branch with git to give it a try, but only the master branch seems to be available, but I can wait for the next stable release. No need to hurry. My selfhosted environment is pretty stable. ;)

DarkElvenAngel

Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:54 am

Small Update:

I've added a docker build script for building the self install packages for libreelec and lakka, This is mostly for anyone uses a Pi with a 64 bit OS installed and wants to build for a 32bit system.

The docker stuff is very basic and I'm sure it can be improved I've only just learned docker so I'm open input on how to make things better.

To be clear the nature of how the daemon works I don't think it could run properly in a docker container this is strictly to preform the build steps.

DarkElvenAngel

Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:45 pm

An update as to what is going on.

Version 0.4.x is still stuck in development we've had a far share of issues crop up with how the build system works and compatible with different OS and kernels. The 0.4.x branch answers these problems and keeps gaining features as a result so until I can lock down the source I can't do a proper release.

Something I didn't expect has come up. A user has leveraged the docker build system I recently added to preform a native build on LibreElec. LibreElec on it's own has no build tools, it can however add docker as a Kodi plug-in. I don't know how common this will be but I took it as a challenge to try it myself not knowing what steps they took. I've created a script that can pull the files from the repo and from there you can leverage docker to do the build.

I'm going to post this a merge request where I will hopefully get some input on how this should be working.

Has anyone here used docker on LibreElec, would you want a script you could run to preform the LibreElec build on LibreElec itself? The current method has a few steps I'm not sure if streamlining things is a good idea or not.

Interested in what my users think.

The merge may take a few days from when I post to go up I have some tweaks to make.

ADD: Build support for LibreElec

dtcooper

Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:42 am

Wondering if anyone has had any luck soldering a 940nm IR LED/blaster to the board. If so, is setting it up easy, or something the daemon would need to support?
Last edited by dtcooper on Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DarkElvenAngel

Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:57 pm

dtcooper wrote:
Wondering if anyone has had any luck soldering a 940nm IR LED/bladder to the board. If so, is setting it up easy, or something the daemon would need to support?
I have no support for IR Transmit or Receive there is no need as there are existing tools that can do a much better job.

If you have a V2 case I do have support for setting the the remote power button it's not fully implemented and is scheduled for the 0.4.x release.

For my V1 case I did buy an IR receiver I haven't bothered to install it as I have a V2 that has one pre installed. I don't have a use case for transmission using IR, I believe you can just make sure the polarity is correct and solder it in if you want to use it and then lircd or the kernel driver is what you want to use software side.

Hopefully that helps.

dtcooper

Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:14 pm

DarkElvenAngel wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:57 pm
dtcooper wrote:
Wondering if anyone has had any luck soldering a 940nm IR LED/bladder to the board. If so, is setting it up easy, or something the daemon would need to support?
I have no support for IR Transmit or Receive there is no need as there are existing tools that can do a much better job.

If you have a V2 case I do have support for setting the the remote power button it's not fully implemented and is scheduled for the 0.4.x release.

For my V1 case I did buy an IR receiver I haven't bothered to install it as I have a V2 that has one pre installed. I don't have a use case for transmission using IR, I believe you can just make sure the polarity is correct and solder it in if you want to use it and then lircd or the kernel driver is what you want to use software side.

Hopefully that helps.
It does, thank you kindly. Any idea what GPIO pin it's connected to?

DarkElvenAngel

Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:44 pm

So the IR Receiver is on GPIO 23

once installed in the case you add this line to the config.txt (assuming you are on an OS that supports overlays)

Code: Select all

dtoverlay=gpio-ir,gpio_pin=23
As for a transmitter I don't know if there is one or what pin it would use I'm sure the information is online somewhere. The other option is to try using a continuity tester and figure it out, I'd look myself both my cases are in use.

dtcooper

Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:10 am

DarkElvenAngel wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:44 pm
As for a transmitter I don't know if there is one or what pin it would use I'm sure the information is online somewhere. The other option is to try using a continuity tester and figure it out, I'd look myself both my cases are in use.
Thanks for getting back to me. Customer support says it's wired up to 22. Not sure if it has the right resistor or whatever (not an electrical guy). I'll check it out, solder it up, and report back for posterity I guess!

DarkElvenAngel

Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:17 pm

dtcooper wrote: Thanks for getting back to me. Customer support says it's wired up to 22. Not sure if it has the right resistor or whatever (not an electrical guy). I'll check it out, solder it up, and report back for posterity I guess!
Thank you I'll add this to my notes I'll document it in the project too so any info you share is great

Return to “Advanced users”