Slioch

WiFi Audio streamer/DAC

Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:09 am

Hi people. This is the first time I have posted here and I am a Pi novice, so please bear with me if I'm asking daft questions.
I would like to build an audio streamer/DAC, with a touch screen display. There's plenty of advice around about doing this, but I can't find much about doing it with WiFi. The device will be in an ethernet impossible location.
If anyone can comment on whether this is possible and perhaps point me in the direction of some information about building the device, I would be most grateful.

ame

Re: WiFi Audio streamer/DAC

Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:34 am

Slioch wrote:
Hi people. This is the first time I have posted here and I am a Pi novice, so please bear with me if I'm asking daft questions.
I would like to build an audio streamer/DAC, with a touch screen display. There's plenty of advice around about doing this, but I can't find much about doing it with WiFi. The device will be in an ethernet impossible location.
If anyone can comment on whether this is possible and perhaps point me in the direction of some information about building the device, I would be most grateful.
In general, a device connected to a network using WiFi will act exactly the same as a device using wired Ethernet.
Hmm. What can I put here?

pasman1

Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:04 pm

There is many methods to do it.
You want to send stream in point-to-point model or to all computers ?
Pi4-4G RaspiOS 32 BuLlSeYe

Slioch

Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:28 pm

I just want to get the signal from the router to one streamer, via WiFi.

ame

Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:40 pm

Slioch wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:28 pm
I just want to get the signal from the router to one streamer, via WiFi.
You wrote:
Slioch wrote:
There's plenty of advice around about doing this,
What's stopping you? A WiFi connected device can, in general, be considered to act the same as a wired device.
Hmm. What can I put here?

Return to “Graphics, sound and multimedia”