hrvoje064

Grade 1 math-quiz (training) program in Scheme (Racket compiler)

Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:44 am

I have written a math-quiz (math training program for grade1, elementary school). The reason I wrote this program is that my daughter started grade 1 this June (Philippines), and I first started giving her math problems printed on paper, but both she and I did not enjoy that. Therefore "Jasna's math-quiz" was written. The programs contains 12 exercises (5 arithmetic, and others like, odd/even, Position/value, fractions, sequence, before/between/after, >=<, clock...)

The program is easy to use, and easy for parents to control what kids have been doing, as it maintains records of all exercises. At the same time it teaches kids importance of being accurate, and fast, because if allotted time limits are exceeded, extra exercises, are given, and same for mistakes. Parents can set up the program to suit their child's progress level by changing number of exercises, time allowed for each exercise, difficulty level for some exercises ...

Program is well tested. My daughter has been using it for 30 minutes every day, last 3 months.

Compiled, standalone versions of program work on Linux (x86), Raspberry Pi (4B), and Windows.

My problem is following: Where can I post executable for Raspberry Pi (23Mb tarball). I have the project posted on GitHub, but there is only Racket source file, which will be of little use to average RPi user, as to run it they would have to install Racket compiler on RPi, which involves compiling sources, and it takes more than 1 hour.

Hrvoje

PeterWAWood

Re: Grade 1 math-quiz (training) program in Scheme (Racket compiler)

Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:03 am

Perhaps you could try the raco exe command? https://docs.racket-lang.org/raco/exe.html. You could then upload the executables to Github.

You probably have to run it on each environment to produce the correct executable for each.

B.Goode

Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:21 am

PeterWAWood wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:03 am
Perhaps you could try the raco exe command? https://docs.racket-lang.org/raco/exe.html. You could then upload the executables to Github.

You probably have to run it on each environment to produce the correct executable for each.

Possibly overtaken by events/information in the poster's duplicate thread on the same topic - viewtopic.php?t=340229

hrvoje064

Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:06 pm

No need to use raco, GUI does it perfectly, and I have several versions compiled to standalone executable: W10/11, rpi32/64, and x86 Linux. However none are accepted at GitHub, too big. Max is 25MB, and apparently all are above that. Say, W version is 36MB.
Anyway, I managed to post it all at https://hrvoje064.itch.io/jasnas-math-quiz

Return to “Other programming languages”