bobs
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:05 pm

Who to talk to about CM4 packaging during delivery?

Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:42 am

Who is the correct person to talk to about CM4 packaging during delivery? This is for large orders not the small orders where they come in individual boxes.

pcmanbob
Posts: 13164
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 9:28 pm
Location: Mansfield UK

Re: Who to talk to about CM4 packaging during delivery?

Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:00 pm

How about the person / company you are buying them from, using the same contact details you used to place the order.
We want information… information… information........................no information no help
The use of crystal balls & mind reading are not supported

dp11
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Posts: 944
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:46 pm

Re: Who to talk to about CM4 packaging during delivery?

Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:01 pm

We are going to restart bulk packaging later on this year, please talk to you account manager if you have any questions.

bobs
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:05 pm

Re: Who to talk to about CM4 packaging during delivery?

Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:24 pm

pcmanbob wrote: How about the person / company you are buying them from, using the same contact details you used to place the order.
We have and it is time to escalate the problem. With the part delays and shortages going on we can't continue to risk delays due to parts being damaged due to bad packaging.

dp11 wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:01 pm
We are going to restart bulk packaging later on this year, please talk to you account manager if you have any questions.
Just to be clear, are you saying orders delivered within the past few months would not be using bulk packaging and should of been packaged in the individual boxes? That currently isn't the case for us.

Also, when you say account manager I assume you mean an the account manager from the distributor. We've talked to the account manager and packaging went from horrible to bad. If you mean an account manager directly then could you point us where to sign up for one.

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Posts: 31508
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:41 pm

Re: Who to talk to about CM4 packaging during delivery?

Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:35 pm

bobs wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:24 pm
pcmanbob wrote: How about the person / company you are buying them from, using the same contact details you used to place the order.
We have and it is time to escalate the problem. With the part delays and shortages going on we can't continue to risk delays due to parts being damaged due to bad packaging.

dp11 wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:01 pm
We are going to restart bulk packaging later on this year, please talk to you account manager if you have any questions.
Just to be clear, are you saying orders delivered within the past few months would not be using bulk packaging and should of been packaged in the individual boxes? That currently isn't the case for us.

Also, when you say account manager I assume you mean an the account manager from the distributor. We've talked to the account manager and packaging went from horrible to bad. If you mean an account manager directly then could you point us where to sign up for one.
You could try business@raspberypi.com with your query.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi Ltd.
Working in the Applications Team.

bobs
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:05 pm

Re: Who to talk to about CM4 packaging during delivery?

Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:49 pm

jamesh wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:35 pm

You could try business@raspberypi.com with your query.
Excellent. That is what I was looking for. I will pass the information along.

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Posts: 31508
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:41 pm

Re: Who to talk to about CM4 packaging during delivery?

Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:00 pm

bobs wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:49 pm
jamesh wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:35 pm

You could try business@raspberypi.com with your query.
Excellent. That is what I was looking for. I will pass the information along.
Just realised there is a typo in that email, not enough R's!

business@raspberrypi.com
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi Ltd.
Working in the Applications Team.

joe-zou
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:45 am

Re: Who to talk to about CM4 packaging during delivery?

Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:03 am

The CM4 sony factory manufactured Automaticlly without any Manual process which means that it can not contain complicated package like add a Static bag and desiccant.
Last edited by joe-zou on Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Posts: 31508
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:41 pm

Re: Who to talk to about CM4 packaging during delivery?

Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:02 am

joe-zou wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:03 am
The CM4 manufactured Automaticlly by sony factory which means that it can not change to complicated package even add a Static bag with desiccant.

At the same time, Produced at sony and sell to Asia market it caused a lot of corruption and kickback problems which i saw it happens.
?
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi Ltd.
Working in the Applications Team.

Return to “Compute Module”