cyph84

Looking for bulk Raspberry Pi 2B/3B/3B+

Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:40 am

Everywhere is out of stock right now, and I desperately need them for an industrial project.

HawaiianPi

Re: Looking for bulk Raspberry Pi 2B/3B/3B+

Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:56 am

There are world wide supply chain problems and a severe chip shortage due to the pandemic.

Raspberry Pi Ltd. is making them as fast as they can, but demand has also gone up and it's impossible to keep up right now.

Since the newer Pi4B model's SoC is made on a smaller process node, supplies of those should be better (at least in the near future). If your project could be adapted to use the 4B you might have better luck.
My mind is like a browser. 27 tabs are open, 9 aren't responding,
lots of pop-ups, and where is that annoying music coming from?

B.Goode

Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:42 am

cyph84 wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:40 am
Everywhere is out of stock right now, and I desperately need them for an industrial project.

Would a Statement from the Chief Executive help?

https://www.raspberrypi.com/news/produc ... in-update/

Especially the part that says "If you require volume supply of Raspberry Pi products for an industrial or commercial application..."

cyph84

Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:29 pm

Thanks for pointing out that last paragraph. I'll give it a try!

Meanwhile I am starting a project to look for ways to re-platform my product.

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:42 pm

cyph84 wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:29 pm
Thanks for pointing out that last paragraph. I'll give it a try!

Meanwhile I am starting a project to look for ways to re-platform my product.
Just as a warning, it's not just Raspberry Pi affected by supply chain shortage. It's everyone, so if you do re-platform, make sure you can get hold of the new device in the quantities you need.

We are expecting things to have improved a lot by the end of this year if not before, especially for the 2711 based devices.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi Ltd.
Working in the Applications Team.

cyph84

Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:54 am

Yes I am acutely aware of that.

The software already runs on desktop Mac/Linux/Windows for debugging purposes. Just needs a bit of polish before it can run in production mode.

The prices that Raspberry Pis are going at, I could almost buy a budget mini-PC for the same price!
jamesh wrote:
Just as a warning, it's not just Raspberry Pi affected by supply chain shortage. It's everyone, so if you do re-platform, make sure you can get hold of the new device in the quantities you need.

We are expecting things to have improved a lot by the end of this year if not before, especially for the 2711 based devices.

jamesh

Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:59 am

cyph84 wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:54 am
Yes I am acutely aware of that.

The software already runs on desktop Mac/Linux/Windows for debugging purposes. Just needs a bit of polish before it can run in production mode.

The prices that Raspberry Pis are going at, I could almost buy a budget mini-PC for the same price!
jamesh wrote:

The prices from official resellers should be the standard prices. Anyone else it's a free for all, but we are putting in a lot of effort to prevent product getting in to the hands of scalpers. Get on the list of an official reseller. There is more supply of the Pi4 compared with earlier models, so worthwhile going with that one.

changerman

Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:10 pm

I have new (but out of original box) items available. Some are still in original box, most have been assembled into a project we have abandonded.
All have never been 'fired up'. Project is the the southeast US. Parts will be disassembled and bagged, close to original.
35 Pi 3B+ @ $42 USD
18 7" offical touchscreen display @ $77.95 USD
19 Smart Pi Touch case II @ $35.95 USD
18 Pi power supply @ $11.95 USD

Payment accepted thru Paypal
Questions: Scott at Billchangers.com
Thank You.

RoRaspberry

Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:45 pm

I have 100x Rasberry Pi 4 8GB - that's any good to you. These are in the UK and boxed ready to go.

pods

Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:16 am

I'm having the same problem now with the CM4. I can find a few of them but always in individual orders. I found DeskPI which allows me to put 6 all on one board. I was going to do a CM4104032 + 5x CM4108000s for a pretty sweet cluster. But i guess i'll have to wait.

Alternatively i guess i could get the bar bones 4B model and string 6 of them up together, but it's just not very neat is it.

memjr

Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:43 am

pods wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:16 am
I'm having the same problem now with the CM4. I can find a few of them but always in individual orders. I found DeskPI which allows me to put 6 all on one board. I was going to do a CM4104032 + 5x CM4108000s for a pretty sweet cluster. But i guess i'll have to wait.

Alternatively i guess i could get the bar bones 4B model and string 6 of them up together, but it's just not very neat is it.
You can source 6 4Bs? Please tell us where and how.

pods

Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:30 am

No no.

I can buy the DeskPi Super6C, which allows 6 CM4s. But getting the 6CM4s seems mostly impossible..

jamesh

Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:08 pm

Try business@raspberrypi.com, we might be able to help depending on use case and quantities.

kip_the_elder

Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:14 am

[/quote]

The prices from official resellers should be the standard prices. Anyone else it's a free for all, but we are putting in a lot of effort to prevent product getting in to the hands of scalpers. Get on the list of an official reseller. There is more supply of the Pi4 compared with earlier models, so worthwhile going with that one.
[/quote]

It is very sad to see this happening; especially bearing in mind the original egalitarian and progressive aims of the Pi foundation...but that's unrestrained capitalism, I guess!

I'm glad to hear that you are trying to prevent the product getting into the hands of these crooks...but to stop it must be a challenge....I don't envy you that job! All we can hope is that when the supply situation returns to normal and the Pis are available at a price that we mortals can afford again, that they will be hoist on their own petards and end up with a load of stock that they cannot sell. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Always be kind to beginner geeks. They will be the ones programming your ventilator. :)

Return to “Wanted”