MarkDH102

Worcester (UK) 4gb pi4 at cex store for £80

Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:39 pm

Obviously I don't know the provenance of the device, but I would assume it comes with a money back if it doesn't work...
Looked lonely sat in the window.
If anyone nearby is desperate...

MiscBits

Re: Worcester (UK) 4gb pi4 at cex store for £80

Sun Aug 28, 2022 6:31 pm

Oddly enough you get a better warranty if you buy from CEX on-line!

Not the cheapest store but they do check normal things out well and issues are sorted quickly - just check the T&Cs for returns etc.

thatchunkylad198966

Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:05 am

MiscBits wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 6:31 pm
Oddly enough you get a better warranty if you buy from CEX on-line!

What?
CEX offer 24 months warranty *in store* and online.

You make no sense.
[NEW] Ubuntu - CM4/RPi4B custom image(s)! XFCE4, LXQt, i3-WM, WireGuard, Samba, Kodi, Latest MESA graphics drivers!

Code: Select all

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=131&t=314419

MiscBits

Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:06 pm

Apologies - warranty was the wrong word.

It's all in the T&Cs vs the Consumer Contracts Regulations law. The store returns policy for 'unwanted items' states:
5. Unwanted product policy :

In our unique 48-hours returns policy, the Customer is entitled to return an Unwanted item within 48-hours of sale for a full refund to a CeX voucher. Refund will be subject to testing and if the item is returned in the same condition as sold. In order to prevent abuse, CeX reserve the right to limit the number of exchanges from a specific customer.
The CCR allows you:

Code: Select all

The Distance Selling Regulations state that your right to cancel an order starts from the moment you place your order, and doesn’t end until seven working days from the day after you receive your goods.
Hope that makes matters clear.

Saying that - the items and service (except on a busy Saturday) I have had from stores and post has been great and I've never had to return anything yet :D

As an aside - I do wonder if their T&Cs that state that they do not cover Any damage caused by rooting impacts using the root user on a Pi to gain full access to the O/S - bet they could use that in Overclock cases...

Return to “For sale”