AmnChode

Raspberry Pi non-boot - constant green led rapid flashing

Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:06 am

I run a headless Raspberry Pi 4/8gb (purchased July 30, 2022) to handle my computer needs for Ham Radio. It has been working wonderfully since; however, when I tried to boot up this evening, it never actually booted and I was unable to access remotely. When I checked the lights, the red LED was constant and the green was blinking rapidly at a constant rate (unlike the normal intermittent activity flashing). I then attempted to hookup a small monitor to check whether it doing anything at all with non-results (no output). Came here and checked the "Boot problems sticky" and none of the conditions matched (blink pattern, of lack thereof, unlisted). Attempted boot recovery with null results (doesn't look like it even tried to read the card). Removed SD Card altogether, no change. Here is a video showing the card removed and the RPi being powered on ( https://youtu.be/hv6D0pbOfjQ ).

When searching to find other results, all I have found thus far is the unit(s) being replaced or the thread left unanswered. Has any solution been found, if there is one? Any help will be appreciated....

pcmanbob

Re: Raspberry Pi non-boot - constant green led rapid flashing

Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:41 pm

Hi.

If you boot your pi with just a display connected do you get the diagnostic screen, I would also suggest unplugging the fan when you try this.

As your small screen may not be compatible with the pi , I would suggest connecting the pi to a TV which an HDMI port as it should just work.
We want information… information… information........................no information no help
The use of crystal balls & mind reading are not supported

AmnChode

Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:00 am

Well, it is actually a monitor made for RPi use, but I went ahead and tried with a TV (with the fan unplugged), both with and without SD card, with the same results.... No output, constant green led rapid blinking

pcmanbob

Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:04 am

Then I would say your pi has suffered hardware failure or damage and replacement is the only option.
We want information… information… information........................no information no help
The use of crystal balls & mind reading are not supported

Return to “Troubleshooting”