MysteriousRJC

Portable monitor suggestions sought

Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:22 pm

Hi. I have a Raspberry Pi 4 8GB that I have set up for a retro gaming station. Running Retropie. I'm looking for a portable monitor that would provide a good quality screen and image for a reasonable price. I normally have my system set up in my office upstairs on my 60 inch big screen but I'd prefer to be able to have the option to bring it downstairs and set it up on the kitchen table feet away from our living room couch... just so my fiancé can't complain that I'm hidden in my office gaming and leaving her alone downstairs. :D

I'd prefer to get something minimum 14 inches, preferably something in the 15/15.6 range. Regular 1080P HD is fine... doesn't need to be 4K... touch screen would be a bonus but not a necessity... Looking for something that falls in the approx 200-300CAD price range (which is approximately 150 to 250 USD). I’ve looked at a lot of reviews… Lepow, Wimaxit, UPerfect, Viewsonic, MSI… not sure which way to go. Anybody else there have some solid suggestions that they can speak from personal experience? :?:

memjr

Re: Portable monitor suggestions sought

Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:43 pm

Dude, with your budget, take your pick!

https://www.amazon.com/s?bbn=1292115011 ... owse-bin_9

I don't know most of those brands, but ViewSonics are good monitors.

Moonmarch

Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:34 pm

See if you have spare T.V. set or computer monitor somewhere in your home instead of buying a portable monitor. When you set up the computer, you will find out the computer is the same as any other computer. You can add video game emulators or software to the Raspberry Pi Operating System, then play your games that way if you know how to. This will lead to less setup for yourself, because you need to update computers when updates are released. Updating several computers at a time will take a very long time.

aBUGSworstnightmare

Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:01 am

https://www.waveshare.com/product/raspb ... pad-c4.htm

Just know it's there.(not a recommendation, don't asked me any details on it) might be an option to consider.

MysteriousRJC

Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:26 am

Thanks for the replies

Return to “Gaming”