Mango_Man

LCD screen adapter for hp pavilion dv6

Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:00 pm

Hello, I can’t seem to find an adapter for the lcd screen to be able to work with a raspberry pi. I’m trying to make a custom laptop using a raspberry pic and can’t seem to be able to get the monitor to work. Any help is a appreciated

MiscBits

Re: LCD screen adapter for hp pavilion dv6

Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:42 pm

Normally you have to find a driver board for the screen - there is no guarantee that the model keeps the same screen / controller across its build period so another projects solution may not work.

Often this means stripping down the screen to find the model number and then hope a hit turns up on AliExpress etc. A generic search for what you are looking for is here

If you are really lucky - HDMI is output to the screen from the motherboard but I honestly cannot remember the last time I saw that (in fact I think it was an industrial VGA laptop screen)...

aBUGSworstnightmare

Re: LCD screen adapter for hp pavilion dv6

Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:25 am

What is the lcd display model used in that laptop? If you're lucky you can find that info from a label/ printing on the lcd module.

Now search for the related datasheet. That will tell you which interface your screen has. Looking at spare parts pictures on the internet lets me assume there should be on label at least.
This will allow you to search for a driver board. If there is none you may have the option for building one yourself.

Be warned! Afik thr display is 1366x768pixels, a resolution which Pi4/CM4/Pi40o 'don't like'. They require a workaround.

Return to “Other projects”