Clues

I made a touch drawing software with .NET5 + pyhton + pygame

Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:29 am

Hello. I am posting for the first time.
My name is Hideyuki Kuryu from Clues Inc.
I have been a measurement embedded engineer for 28 years.
My main skills are software design (embedded C/Winform+C#/pyhton), circuit design, and mechanism design.

It was necessary for business, and I was doing trial and error to see if I could make a touch panel for embedding with a Raspberry Pi + a commercially available touch panel.
As a result of various scrutiny, I decided to create it with python + pygame. That was a year and a half ago.
This was my first attempt at full-scale production with python, but the software was finally completed.

The software name is "TOMATE".
Draw the screen like drawing software, and write a script for each drawn figure object.
Equipped with SSH function, the data drawn on the Windows application can be uploaded to the Raspberry Pi and executed.
I think that the items necessary for embedding, such as page navigation by touch operation, numerical input, item selection, etc., are packed.
TOMATE and external programs can be interfaced via text files (input.txt/output.txt in the current folder).

[Main functions of TOMATE]
・Numeric keypad parts (customizable)
・Selector (combo box) parts (customizable)
・Message box parts (customizable)
・Progress bar (horizontal/vertical can be specified)
・Clock function (configurable)
・You can create a drawing by dragging and dropping graphic data from a web page or file.
・Registered sound source ringing
・BGM function
・Brightness adjustment command
・Auto resume function
・SSH upload function
・Long button press recognition specification
・Specify continuous operation while pressing the button
・Blinking of objects
・etc.

I only build Windows apps in WinForms and it looks a bit old fashioned.
However, it is designed so that it can be completed on one window so that it can be created as easily as possible.
Also, I designed the script to be as simple as possible, but if you write a complicated script, it may be a little frustrating until you get used to it.

Since it was made for business, the regular version cannot be made free,
We provide a free trial version that anyone can download.
There is a limit of 30 parts per 3 pages, but there are no other limits.
I think it's fine for small projects.

The operation manual and script reference can be accessed from Help in the app.
We also have a sample project that can be used in the trial version on the tutorial page.

I use the Raspberry Pi + touch panel created with TOMATE for business, but it works stably.

If I can help many people, I will be happy as an engineer.
Please try by all means try.

TOMATE URL
https://clues.jp/tomate/

bidrohini

Re: I made a touch drawing software with .NET5 + pyhton + pygame

Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:38 pm

Clicked the link and clicked 'translate'. I think many Japanese texts are in picture format. Those could not be translated. It will be more user-friendly if those are in English.

ame

Re: I made a touch drawing software with .NET5 + pyhton + pygame

Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:40 pm

bidrohini wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:38 pm
Clicked the link and clicked 'translate'. I think many Japanese texts are in picture format. Those could not be translated. It will be more user-friendly if those are in English.
Unless you speak Spanish. Or Cantonese.
Hmm. What can I put here?

Return to “Graphics, sound and multimedia”