namlow
Posts: 195
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:41 am

'Mirage' duality problem in Add / Remove Software

Sat May 27, 2023 2:15 pm

So I click all of them in the Add / Remove Software:
MirageDuality.png
MirageDuality.png (52.95 KiB) Viewed 546 times
This ended up with a Mirage in Internet Section and a Mirage in Graphics Section of the apps/packages Menu.

The one in Internet Section works but the one in Graphics Section hangs!?

This happens in Bullseye os but not in the earlier Bluster os. Why?

namlow
Posts: 195
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:41 am

Re: 'Mirage' duality problem in Add / Remove Software

Sat May 27, 2023 2:31 pm

namlow wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 2:15 pm
So I click all of them in the Add / Remove Software:
MirageDuality.png
This ended up with a Mirage in Internet Section and a Mirage in Graphics Section of the apps/packages Menu.

The one in Internet Section works but the one in Graphics Section hangs!?

This happens in Bullseye os but not in the earlier Bluster os. Why?
the Add / Remove Software in Bluster os:
Screenshot from 2023-05-27 22-29-04.png
Screenshot from 2023-05-27 22-29-04.png (41.6 KiB) Viewed 531 times

klricks
Posts: 8812
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:01 am
Location: Grants Pass, OR, USA

Re: 'Mirage' duality problem in Add / Remove Software

Sat May 27, 2023 4:07 pm

The search just finds all packages that contain *mirage* as part of the package name, some of which may or may not be related to the package you are after.
Be sure to read the descriptions.
There are just simply more packages in the 'bullseye' repository.
You can remove the 3 unrelated packages.
Unless specified otherwise my response is based on the latest and fully updated RPi OS Bullseye w/ Desktop OS.

namlow
Posts: 195
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:41 am

Re: 'Mirage' duality problem in Add / Remove Software

Sun May 28, 2023 12:02 am

klricks wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 4:07 pm
The search just finds all packages that contain *mirage* as part of the package name, some of which may or may not be related to the package you are after.
Be sure to read the descriptions.
There are just simply more packages in the 'bullseye' repository.
You can remove the 3 unrelated packages.
Yes. I removed the other three. But the Graphics' Mirage still does not run but hang! There must be some problem with this app.

Just in case I do want the Internet's Mirage, then how would I know the three are the complete set of modules need to be installed?

I always have the ambiguity of what to pick when I am installing apps/packages from the 'Add / Remove Software' menu! Help!

klricks
Posts: 8812
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:01 am
Location: Grants Pass, OR, USA

Re: 'Mirage' duality problem in Add / Remove Software

Sun May 28, 2023 12:48 am

namlow wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 12:02 am
klricks wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 4:07 pm
The search just finds all packages that contain *mirage* as part of the package name, some of which may or may not be related to the package you are after.
Be sure to read the descriptions.
There are just simply more packages in the 'bullseye' repository.
You can remove the 3 unrelated packages.
Yes. I removed the other three. But the Graphics' Mirage still does not run but hang! There must be some problem with this app.

Just in case I do want the Internet's Mirage, then how would I know the three are the complete set of modules need to be installed?

I always have the ambiguity of what to pick when I am installing apps/packages from the 'Add / Remove Software' menu! Help!
Mirage appears to be broken. I get a segmentation fault when attempting to run mirage from terminal.

Usually installing a single package will automatically pull in all the required modules and be functional.
Some apps do have optional modules that can be installed later. I agree that sometimes it is hard to know what to install. I usually do a Google search before attempting to install a package.
Unless specified otherwise my response is based on the latest and fully updated RPi OS Bullseye w/ Desktop OS.

Return to “Beginners”