I'd say it's fine as far as it goes but there are some curious choices:
- No mention of the man command.
- No mention that most shell command support the --help argument and what that does.
- No mention of rmdir. That can be a safer option than rm -r as it refuses to delete a directory that isn't empty. That behaviour has saved my bacon more than once.
- No mention of what touch does if the named file exists.
- No mention of redirecting error messages (stderr). That's a key technique for debugging.
- Setting a static IP address as part of the article? Really?
At least vi got a mention.