BigRedMailbox

I could not find the "Report" button... [SOLVED]

Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:23 pm

I wanted to report the "SEO" thread that was just posted as spam. But I cannot find a "Report" button.

(I think I am using the "RPI" as opposed to "Prosilver" skin. Whatever the default is...)
My posts may be "controversial" and/or out-of-sync with the party line.

Nothing I write should in any way be taken as an official statement by any organization connected with (any branch of) RPi and/or any of its funding sources.

thagrol

Re: I could not find the "Report" button...

Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:32 pm

It has already been report (not by me - someone beat me to it).

On the RPi theme there should be a flag icon next to the " icon in the top right of the post.
Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay for them.

All advice given is based on my experience. it worked for me, it may not work for you.
Need help? https://github.com/thagrol/Guides

mahjongg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:06 pm

Our own theme is the default (obviously)
You can find the flag icon in the row of icons above any post, between the Trashcan, and the exclamation mark icon.

davidcoton

Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:52 pm

mahjongg wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:06 pm
Our own theme is the default (obviously)
You can find the flag icon in the row of icons above any post, between the Trashcan, and the exclamation mark icon.
That's a bit misleading.

For other people's posts, there are normally two icons: Flag (report) and Speech/quotation marks (quote post).
For your own posts (which you can report if they need to be moved to another section): Pen (edit), Flag (report) and Speech/quotation marks (quote post). The Trash (delete) will only appear if your post is the latest in the thread.
Mousing over the icons will display a label as to what they do!

Note mahjongg, as a Mod, may get a different view.
Location: 345th cell on the right of the 210th row of L2 cache

BigRedMailbox

Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:54 pm

Aha! Now I see it. Yes, there is a flag and then a ". I was not looking in the right place at all.

Anyway, it looks like the real problem has been solved. The SEO post is gone. Thanks to whomever fixed it.
My posts may be "controversial" and/or out-of-sync with the party line.

Nothing I write should in any way be taken as an official statement by any organization connected with (any branch of) RPi and/or any of its funding sources.

Return to “Off topic discussion”