kemura

Composite out only outputting for a short while

Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:17 am

I've been trying to use the composite output on my raspberry pi 4b to connect to my crt tv. I've connected to my crt before with the pi using an HDMI to rca converter, which worked fine. However, since I heard that the pi supports native composite out, I've wanted to try it out since the quality with a converter is not great.

I bought a trrs 3.5 mm jack to rca cable to do this. I use raspberry pi os and I've tried adding things to the config.txt file, tried using raspi-config to enable composite and disable HDMI, I've tried using the red rca cable instead of the yellow rca cable as video, but the furthest I've ever gotten is the rainbow-colored splash screen, and then the white loading screen with the raspberry pi logo saying something like "Welcome to raspberry pi os/desktop" or something. So I know that the composite out works, since it displayed that perfectly. I could see great detail and it looked great. But, only worked for a few seconds, then after a couple seconds of showing the raspberry pi logo and loading, the screen just turns black.

Is there anything or any steps that I still need to go through to make this work as intended?

Thanks.

cleverca22

Re: Composite out only outputting for a short while

Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:39 pm

what is the full contents of config.txt ?

MortonMoon

Re: Composite out only outputting for a short while

Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:02 am

Hello,
i have the same problem. Did you or anyone found a solution?

Return to “Troubleshooting”