DevilWAH

looking for alternitive board to convert HDMI to LVDS

Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:39 pm

I have a 10inch screen that has a 2av-1vga-1hdmi-ttl-50pin-lvds-acc and it uses the LVDS output, whcih seems to be 30pin.

I want to use the screen inside arcade cabinate (retro pi) but i dont need all the inputs on this driver board, and I wodered if i could replace it with something smaller which is just HDMI to LVDS.

The screen seems to use the LDVS and the invertor connections on this board

the screen is a HSD101pWW1 Hannstar and i just would like a simple method to hook it up to the Pi

if any one has any ideas i would be greatful.

Thank you

embeddedbarsha

Re: looking for alternitive board to convert HDMI to LVDS

Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:46 am

You need to look for a converter board that specifically mentions support for your screen's LVDS interface (in this case, a 30-pin LVDS connection).

IanS

Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:37 am

As mentioned above, you can get converter boards. e.g. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005 ... EZIPzMjpxG
No guarantee this particular one is suitable, but it is just the first one I found that was a small form factor. Watch out for boards that claim to be just HDMI to LVDS, but are really multi-input like the one you already have but without the other connectors fitted, so are the same size PCB.
Are you sure about the 30 pins? There might be model variants, but according to the tech-spec document and at least one seller's description the HSD101PWW1-A** is 40 pin. The connector socket also looks like a dense ribbon form factor, so the above board could not be connector with the included cable.

JohnsUPS

Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:36 am

As was previously mentioned, the safest thing to do is look for a LVDS controller board that specifically states that it will support the display you have.
If you search around but can't find a board that says that, then email the seller to see what they say.

However, there are a lot of "universal" LVDS boards out there that will support a wide range of display resolutions and interface types (LVDS 6 or 8 bit). If you want to dig in and experiment with one of these boards, you may or may not get it to work. YMMV.

I had some old Ipads and bought this board and it worked. I recently acquired some different LVDS displays (30 pins as well), and am going to see if this same board will work on those:
https://www.ictransistors.com/lcd-scree ... oller.html
We will see.

aBUGSworstnightmare

Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:11 am

DevilWAH wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:39 pm
I have a 10inch screen that has a 2av-1vga-1hdmi-ttl-50pin-lvds-acc and it uses the LVDS output, whcih seems to be 30pin.

I want to use the screen inside arcade cabinate (retro pi) but i dont need all the inputs on this driver board, and I wodered if i could replace it with something smaller which is just HDMI to LVDS.

The screen seems to use the LDVS and the invertor connections on this board

the screen is a HSD101pWW1 Hannstar and i just would like a simple method to hook it up to the Pi

if any one has any ideas i would be greatful.

Thank you
the data sheet tells its 40pin https://cdn-shop.adafruit.com/datasheets/HSD101PWW1.pdf

Data sheet also tells you that the screen is single channel LVDS with JEIDA bit mapping.
If you really want to convert from HDMI to LVDS you can use some bridge chip like ADV7613 or LT8619, or use a TFP401 + SN75LVDS83BDGGR.

Google should be able to find some boards using the above chips, but don't expect the pinout to match as : no of pins is not a criteria.

If you don't need the GPIO you can look into converting DPI to LVDS with a single 75LVDS83 like viewtopic.php?t=157109&hilit=Lvds4pi.
Or use a DSI to LVDS bridge like SN65DSI83

Return to “Graphics, sound and multimedia”