Dawless

Cannot Exit Scratch 3 in a normal way Pi5

Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:08 am

Hi, I recently received my Raspberry Pi 5, I installed the full Raspberry Pi OS and wanted to use scratch 3, the only problem is, I cannot exit the program, which makes itself full screen. There is no X in the top right to quit also in the "File" menu there is no "Quit" "Exit" or whatever the option is supposed to be. I just wanted to know if there was an easier way than using short cut keys to get to terminal and then have to type out the command to quit the program? I hope they add a way to quit scratch 3 soon.

Currently having to press CTRL + ALT + T to bring up terminal and then type "pkill -f scratch-desktop" to exit scratch 3.

Thanks.

AndamookaDave

Re: Cannot Exit Scratch 3 in a normal way Pi5

Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:28 am

I have the same problem with Scratch 3. I have a Raspberry Pi 5 with the 64bit version of the Raspberry Pi OS and 4GB of RAM.

The monitor is 7 inches with 1024x600 resolution, approximately 16:9. My understanding is that Scratch 3 requires an aspect ratio of 4:3.

When Scratch 3 boots it does so in full screen mode. This results in a good portion of the interface not being visible. Using Ctrl + Alt + the page up or down will toggle between full screen and window mode (everything visible).

My WAG is that the problem with the full screen mode not working correctly has to do with the aspect ratio conflict. But someone much smarter than me is going to have to confirm that.

Good luck, Dave

Dawless

Re: Cannot Exit Scratch 3 in a normal way Pi5

Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:51 am

I just ran scratch 3 again today, I noticed there is now an X in top right of screen for easy exit out of scratch 3 thanks, but unfortunately there is now a performance issue with scratch 3, it is very very slow, it takes about 15 seconds to move 1 program block, it's literally unusable right now. This is using raspberry pi 5 8gig with full bookworm install.

Return to “Scratch”