0x0000

Wants to develop something related to CyberSecurity

Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:46 pm

I have been working to write the complete Advance Encryption Standard (AES) on the Pi, and have successfully coded it, and it is working absolutely fine. But I need an idea to make it productive,
I mean, What Should I do to make my project look interesting ?
Like, What kind of data am i supposed to encrypt using Raspberry Pi etc..

I am currently encrypting simple text file, but I want to do something really bigger than that.
It merits mentioning that I am very good with Computer Programming, So I'd expecting to develop something that requires a great deal of programming efforts.

Any suggestion is welcome as long as it is related to CyberSecurity.

Please give your ideas and suggestions , I shall be very thankful to you.
Last edited by 0x0000 on Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

joan

Re: Wants to develop something related to CyberSecurity

Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:57 pm

0x0000 wrote:I have been working to write the complete Advance Algorithm Standard (AES) on the Pi, and have successfully coded it, and it is working absolutely fine. But I need an idea to make it productive,
I mean, What Should I do to make my project look interesting ?
Like, What kind of data am i supposed to encrypt using Raspberry Pi etc..

I am currently encrypting simple text file, but I want to do something really bigger than that.
It merits mentioning that I am very good with Computer Programming, So I'd expecting to develop something that requires a great deal of programming efforts.

Please give your ideas and suggestions , I shall be very thankful to you.
Something which stops the Yanks (UK slang for the citizens of the USA) tapping into my e-mail?

lazarus78

Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:45 am

joan wrote: Something which stops the Yanks (UK slang for the citizens of the USA) tapping into my e-mail?
That is going a bit too far... If you said specifically the NSA, sure, I can laugh and even agree to that, but you generalized with a broad, "citizens of the USA", which implies that I am one such person doing the tapping, which I am not, and in fact despise the idea of doing so. It may not be your intent, but it is what you said.

DeeJay

Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:54 am

0x0000 wrote:I am currently encrypting simple text file, but I want to do something really bigger than that.

A number of people have posted in these forums seeking advice because they have developed programs that they hope to sell, and they have asked for a way to encrypt the RPi SD card to protect their Intellectual Property. Perhaps you could provide them with a solution?
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way: http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
How to Report Bugs Effectively: http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html

Ub3rS0ldat

Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:47 am

Encrypted peer-to-peer file transfers, Encrypted chat?

joan

Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:52 pm

lazarus78 wrote:
joan wrote: Something which stops the Yanks (UK slang for the citizens of the USA) tapping into my e-mail?
That is going a bit too far... If you said specifically the NSA, sure, I can laugh and even agree to that, but you generalized with a broad, "citizens of the USA", which implies that I am one such person doing the tapping, which I am not, and in fact despise the idea of doing so. It may not be your intent, but it is what you said.
I think you have made a good point.

In a democracy can we distance ourselves from the decisions of our rulers?

lazarus78

Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:14 pm

joan wrote: I think you have made a good point.

In a democracy can we distance ourselves from the decisions of our rulers?
If the decisions of the rulers do not coincide with the will of the people, then yes.

But that is a different topic for a different time.

Douglas6

Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:35 pm

joan wrote:In a democracy can we distance ourselves from the decisions of our rulers?
Yup, they call it 'State Secrets', and I believe it exists on both sides of the pond

Return to “Beginners”