dipstick

Re: SD card specs?

Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:22 am

I was wondering what brand, speed, size SD cards would you recommend. I understand that 2gigs is recommended for the image y'all put up but how big of a card can I put in these and how fast would you suggest they be?

Also, would using a sd to mircosd card adaptor be a bad idea for this? I only ask because I'm unsure what would be good for performance and reliability. I'm currently looking at using 8 or 16 gig micro sd or sd class 4 card from sandisk.

Vindicator

Re: SD card specs?

Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:00 am

http://elinux.org/RPi_Verified.....s#SD_cards

Try here for some information

As to suggestions and performance this is a bit harder as to your own preference will make the final decision.

I have just chosen to stick with the more affordable cards as they are likely in my opinion to perform just fine in the Raspi.

My opinion is that it is a 700mhz processor and the class 10 cards will not make much difference in the end performance of the device. ( I have some class 4 cards that read faster than my class 10 card) and as class mainly bespeaks of the cards writing ability rather it's read speed it depends on what you are going to use it for.

The end use you plan for the Raspi is probably going

I have a fully working desktop in Ubuntu  11.10 and it is only consuming 6.5GB currently.

I had this machine setup with a 10GB Hdd with Ubuntu 10.10 server and setup as LAMP server with a website and FTP and SAMBA and was running slightly less than 6Gb with 3 of that in files in the FTP. (no GUI)
If you are more worried about ,spelling, punctuation or grammar you have probably already missed the point so please just move on.

Return to “General discussion”