Iedjee

Re: USB hub with charging power

Fri May 04, 2012 7:21 pm

Hi,

I found these interesting products which (i think) can be used as power-supply as well as usb-hub for the Raspberry-Pi. So you only need one connection to the power-net :p

http://www.eminent-online.com/.....arger.html

http://www.delock.de/produkte/.....anguage=en

I dont have my Raspberry-Pi yet but i'm quite sure it will work... As soon as i've tested it, i will post again... Anyone else?

Greetz, Evert

Iedjee

Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:14 pm

This week i got my Pi and i ordered the extra stuff i needed, also the Eminent 1126 6-port USB hub with an extra 2A charging port... and i can confirm that it works: just connect the Pi to the special charging port and off you go. One of the USB ports of the Pi you can connect back to the USB hub for the data connection... So only 1 power outlet is needed and sufficient power supply to the Pi and the USB devices.

houtm035

Mon May 13, 2013 11:39 am

Hi,

Could you provide your experiences with the EM1126 up to now?
what kind of setup, what kind of usb-devices connected.

Kind regards

Joe Schmoe

Mon May 13, 2013 11:58 am

A question and a comment:

1) How much does the "eminent" jobbie cost? Web page was very short on price info...

2) (IME) You don't need a fancy new spiffy USB hub to do this (although I have to admit that they are nifty and spiffy looking, hence the above question). I've been running my Pi for months now, using an ordinary powered USB 2.0 hub. I use one of the USB ports (1 of 4) to power the Pi, running an ordinary A male to micro-male cable (from a Kindle) from the hub to the Pi's micro-USB jack. I use 2 of the other ports (thus leaving one free for future use) to run my WiFi and my Keyboard/mouse.
And some folks need to stop being fanboys and see the forest behind the trees.

(One of the best lines I've seen on this board lately)

cyrano

Mon May 13, 2013 12:04 pm

Joe Schmoe wrote:A question and a comment:

1) How much does the "eminent" jobbie cost? Web page was very short on price info...
Around 15 to 20 euro.

Return to “General discussion”