sofortune

What's using my disk space?

Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:43 pm

I have been using my rpi as a headless downloader running CP, NZBdrone, and nzbget for a some time now. The OS is running of of a 32GB USB flash drive, and usually when there are no downloads taking place, there's about 4.7GB of disk space used. Recently I checked the used disk pace and it's up to 7.1GB with no downloads taking place. I can't seem to figure out what's taking up the extra space.

Can anybody tell me what the best way to find out maybe recent large files or something like that?

Thanks

FTrevorGowen
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: What's using my disk space?

Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:28 pm

sofortune wrote:I have been using my rpi as a headless downloader running CP, NZBdrone, and nzbget for a some time now. The OS is running of of a 32GB USB flash drive, and usually when there are no downloads taking place, there's about 4.7GB of disk space used. Recently I checked the used disk pace and it's up to 7.1GB with no downloads taking place. I can't seem to figure out what's taking up the extra space.
Can anybody tell me what the best way to find out maybe recent large files or something like that?
Thanks
Try the ncdu command (it may take some time to scan the directory structure) or, the not quite so powerful:

Code: Select all

du -k | sort -n -r | head
(which I used, in "alias" form for many years until ncdu was "flagged up" in another thread here. :) )
Trev.
Still running Raspbian Jessie or Stretch on some older Pi's (an A, B1, 2xB2, B+, P2B, 3xP0, P0W, 2xP3A+, P3B, B+, and a A+) but Buster on the P3B+, P4B's & P400. See: https://www.cpmspectrepi.uk/raspberry_pi/raspiidx.htm

Return to “Troubleshooting”