sisk

GPIO and control panel

Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:19 pm

I have an ancient portable DVD player which is mostly dead. The only parts that still work are the screen (which I've confirmed is compatible with the DSI output on the Pi) and the control panel, which has three pins (I assume current, ground, and signal pins). I was wanting to use the control panel as controller for a media player via LIRC and, basically, replace the rest of my portable DVD player with a media player. The problem is that messing with GPIO is a far lower level type of programming than I'm familiar with. Does anyone have any example code for this sort of thing I could look at?

joan

Re: GPIO and control panel

Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:23 pm

http://elinux.org/RPi_GPIO_Code_Samples

I'd estimate the chance of using your screen attached to the Pi's DSI port at less than zero.

sisk

Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:10 pm

Why wouldn't the TFT display work off the DSI interface on the Pi?

rpdom

Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:48 am

sisk wrote:Why wouldn't the TFT display work off the DSI interface on the Pi?
Because the only screen that that the DSI interface drivers (both ARM CPU and GPU) supports (at present) is the official Raspberry Pi one.

ame

Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:07 am

If the DVD player has an HDMI input (unlikely) you could use that. If it has an AV input (likely) you can use that.

Disconnect the control panel from other parts of the system and use a multimeter to figure out the connections for the switches.

Then hook them up to GPIO.
Hmm. What can I put here?

Return to “Beginners”