andbov
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:17 pm

pi-package not working ??

Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:23 pm

Hello,
i have problem with my Raspberry PI 2 (with Jaspbian Jessie 4.1) using pi-package to install new software. Using it during a X session , logged as IP using VNC, every time i try to install something new.. at the end i the software say "waiting for authorization" and then nothing happen.. and no software it's installed.. may it's a user/root problem ??

Any idea ??

Many thank in advance,

Andrea
Roma
Italy

bjorna
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:33 pm

Re: pi-package not working ??

Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:35 pm

I'm having the exact same problem, but with the Raspberry Pi Zero. Logged in via VNC, stuck at waiting for authorization then it just stops, and nothing is installed. Any ideas what may cause the problem?

ac0xl
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:24 pm
Location: Green River, Utah, USA

Re: pi-package not working ??

Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:11 pm

[SOLVED] PiPackage 0.1.0 2018-06-27-raspbian-stretch.zip on a Raspberry Pi 3B+. I found that the program would work to the point it put files into the "Pending" folder and stopped. I am in the United States and my local is "en-US". I finally found that one of the controlling files is: /usr/share/polkit-1/actions/org.freedesktop.packagekit.policy. When I looked at the file I noticed that only "en_GB" was listed in 35 lines, and no "en-US" lines were listed! I changed my locale back to "en_GB" and PiPackage 0.1.0 worked. I then proeeded to use sudo nano to copy all 35 of the "en_GB" lines and replace the "en_GB" with "en_US". Changed my locale back to "en_US" and ran another test and the program worked when I checked the software program boxes they appeared with a + and after adding a few I clicked the "apply" button and then was asked for my password and the programs were added. If I clicked the "OK" button the "Add/Remove Software" (PiPackages 0.1.0) would exit after loading the software packages. Hopefully "en_US" will be added to the "policy" file soon! Until then the easy way is just to change your locale to "en_GB".

Return to “Troubleshooting”