I have seen a number of posts on the Web from people who say that they are running PiFace 2 Digital with a Raspberry Pi 3.
I have seen posts which say that it SHOULD work because "it uses I2C interface which is compatible back to the Model B+/A+"
I am looking for a definitive answer from someone who has this combination working.
This is the sequence I have used (http://www.piface.org.uk/guides/Install ... _Raspbian/)
- Newly formatted Sd Card
- Fresh Installation of Raspian (2016-11-25-raspbian-jessie)
- Updated Raspian (sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade)
- Updated raspi-config (sudo apt-get install raspi-config)
- Selected SPI (sudo raspi-config)
- Installed PiFace™ Digital 2 software (sudo apt-get install python3-pifacedigitalio)
- Installed PiFace™ Digital 2 Emulator software (sudo apt-get install python3-pifacedigital-emulator)
- Rebooted Raspberry Pi
However, the emulator does not work and the blink script does not work
The board is not detected:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/pi/Desktop/blink.py", line 9, in <module>
pifacedigital = pifacedigitalio.PiFaceDigital()
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pifacedigitalio/core.py", line 82, in __init__
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pifacedigitalio/core.py", line 107, in init_board
h=self.hardware_addr, b=self.bus, c=self.chip_select))
NoPiFaceDigitalDetectedError: No PiFace Digital board detected (hardware_addr=0, bus=0, chip_select=0).
Can someone help me (a new starter)?