rafie34

Raspberry Pi 3 Broken microSD card slot

Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:53 pm

help me guys. the mircoSD card slot wear-off of its soldered pin and inside pins. I manage to solder the pin in outside but the pins inside hard to solder.

drgeoff

Re: Raspberry Pi 3 Broken microSD card slot

Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:47 pm

What sort of help are you expecting to get? Only you can fix it. If you cannot repair the socket, you need to replace it. If you cannot do that, replace the RPI.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

karrika

Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:46 pm

I kind of fixed a broken socket by using a micro SD card adapter. You can sold wires to the SD card adapter card and solder wires to the test points on the RPi PCB. Not so pretty but it works. And it is cheap. These adapter cards come almost for free when you buy a micro SD card.

Tdi-Me

Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:58 pm

If you can get it working briefly i would suggest following the guide on how to enable booting from usb. I dont have the link handy but I remember it was a pretty easy thing to enable. There is a 4 second delay though for it to search for bootable media on the microsd then going to the usb drives.

emiliojrc

Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:34 pm

karrika wrote:
I kind of fixed a broken socket by using a micro SD card adapter. You can sold wires to the SD card adapter card and solder wires to the test points on the RPi PCB. Not so pretty but it works. And it is cheap. These adapter cards come almost for free when you buy a micro SD card.
Hello, my raspi 3b's zocalo broke. I have welded an sd-micro sd adapter as you did but it does not work, it never turns on the green ACT LED. I think the pcb pad is broken. Do you know the pins to check for continuedness? thank you very much and forgive me for my inles, I am Spanish and use translator.
Thanks a lot

B.Goode

Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:15 pm

emiliojrc wrote:
karrika wrote:
Hello, my raspi 3b's zocalo broke. I have welded an sd-micro sd adapter as you did but it does not work, it never turns on the green ACT LED. I think the pcb pad is broken. Do you know the pins to check for continuedness? thank you very much and forgive me for my inles, I am Spanish and use translator.
Thanks a lot

Maybe better to ask en Espanol here: https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewforum.php?f=76

(If I translate 'zocalo' I get 'plinth', which in English usually means a base or platform. And that doesn't sound like something that would break... )

emiliojrc

Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:37 am

B.Goode wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:15 pm
emiliojrc wrote:
karrika wrote:
Thanks a lot

Maybe better to ask en Espanol here: https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewforum.php?f=76

(If I translate 'zocalo' I get 'plinth', which in English usually means a base or platform. And that doesn't sound like something that would break... )
1 picture is worth a 1000 words

Return to “Troubleshooting”