SuperM

screen resolution issue

Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:13 am

Hey, I´m new with raspPi and facing issues, that I can´t get solved:
I´m working on a robot and from time to time the raspberry is booting with a different screen resolution. It happens after the PI crashed or not rebooted correctly. The resolution is then much less than by default i.e. the menu is out of the screen frame.

Thought changing the resolution via config -> advance settings -> resolution would solve the issue, but after rebooting the system is stuck in a black screen. Switching into recovery mode does only help if I re-install the OS from the card. After re-installation the resolution is recovered.

Any idea of why the resolution changes after PI crash and how to change it back to the original resolution successfully?

Thanks for your help. I know these are basic questions, so hoping you can help me to answer my questions.

pcmanbob

Re: screen resolution issue

Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:43 am

Hi.

If the pi is crashing then you are probably suffering SD card corruption.

you need to figure out why the pi is crashing and correct the problem, or eventually your SD card will become un-bootable.
We want information… information… information........................no information no help
The use of crystal balls & mind reading are not supported

SuperM

Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:29 pm

Sure thing, need to understand the root cause of why my robot program crashes the PI. But I’m really more interested on solving the screen resolution issue. There is no issue with the card. It must be a resolution config issue that causes the black screen, as it only comes into effect, when I change the config file.
Any further ideas?

pcmanbob

Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:41 am

The reason I said it was probably SD card corruption is that you said

"I´m working on a robot and from time to time the raspberry is booting with a different screen resolution. It happens after the PI crashed or not rebooted correctly."

if it is only happening after a crash or improper reboot then it suggests it data on the SD card that's corrupt.

you have provided no other information to suggest its anything else.
We want information… information… information........................no information no help
The use of crystal balls & mind reading are not supported

Return to “Troubleshooting”