fionashivers

Setting up pi camera with MotionEye - login issues

Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:31 am

Hello,

I have installed MotionEye software on my pi 3, and have successfully accessed the software via the ip address of the pi on a laptop web browser. So far so good. The camera is connected wirelessly to a mobile router - the pi will eventually go onto a yacht and I want to set up remote access to it.

When I turn the pi on, connected via HDMI to a display, it is asking for a login. The screen shows -
mey-7a8etc login:

When I set up the pi initially before installing the camera I changed the password and made a note of it. The username I’m guessing is either raspberrypi or pi from the default setting. The hostname showed as raspberrypi at the time I changed the password.

Whenever I try and login, however, I get the error incorrect password. I’ve tried using the default passwords thinking it may not have saved my chosen password but they won’t let me login either.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do?

My next step is to wipe the sd card and reinstall the pi software but I’m reluctant to do this as you can probably tell, I’m quite new to all things pi!

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Fiona

Roken

Re: Setting up pi camera with MotionEye - login issues

Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:42 am

username = admin
Headless PI. OMG, someone cut it's head off. Oh, hang on. it didn't have one to start with.

fionashivers

Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:25 am

Hi Roken,

Thank you - that has worked. :) I was confusing the password of the raspberry pi and didn't realise it was the MotionEye password it needed.
So my next question - it now says [root@meye-7aetc ~]# on my HDMI display from the pi, but I'd really like to be able to see the desktop for want of a better word to the pi. How do I get there?

Sorry if this is a really annoying question - complete newbie, trying to find my way around. :?

crofter

Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:42 am

hi

try solect camara and camera settings

crofter

fionashivers

Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:55 am

I can access the camera settings using an IP address on my web browser of my laptop.

I'd like to see the os of the pi displayed on the HDMI display rather than the white on black text that seems to relate just to the camera. Basically when I first set up the pi and logged in there was an interface with a road picture. I'd like to get back to that.

Return to “Beginners”