jeffc123

Duplicate Share Mount Icons on Desktop

Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:45 pm

I just upgraded my Pi3B to Raspian Stretch and I find that the following line in my /etc/fstab file:

//JEFF-004/Public1 /home/pi/AlienPC cifs _netdev,credentials=/etc/.credentials1,uid=pi,gid=pi,x-systemd.automount,x-systemd.requires=network-online.target 0 0

causes two icons on my desktop to appear. One icon is a "folder" icon, and the other icon looks like a "drive" icon. Both work and show the contents on my PC mounts (64-bit Win7). If I "umount -a" then "mount -a" only the folder icons appear as expected. I've tried various combinations of the "x-systemd" parameters. And either I get the two "folder" and "drive" icons, or nothing gets mounted on boot. What is the proper combination of options? Thanks.

fair64

Re: Duplicate Share Mount Icons on Desktop

Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:59 pm

Did you ever find an answer to this, I have it happening to me as well on one Pi and not another..

HawaiianPi

Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:41 pm

If you have set the file manager option to show Mounted Disks, anything mounted in /media or your home directory may appear twice (once from your manual mount, and again from the file manager). Either disable the option, or mount the filesystem elsewhere (I typically use /mnt/xxx with folder binding, but that's just one possible solution).
My mind is like a browser. 27 tabs are open, 9 aren't responding,
lots of pop-ups, and where is that annoying music coming from?

jeffc123

Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:29 pm

I moved my mount points from /home/pi to /mnt. The mounts work, but I no longer get the desktop icons even though I checked:

Application Menu -> Preferences -> Appearance Settings -> Desktop -> Show Mounted Disks

bacsom

Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:04 pm

I am also interested in the answer. While my fstab works well with an older installation I get the same symptoms with the current (November) one.

bacsom

Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:37 am

I have found a workaround. Put the directory back under /home/pi and add this line to crontab: @reboot (sleep 10; /bin/mount -a). If it doesn't work, you can increase the time.

jeffc123

Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:04 pm

I used a similar workaround by adding the following to /etc/rc.local:

sleep 30
sudo /bin/mount -a

as with yours, without the "sleep" it would not work.

Return to “Beginners”