Mantorp

Tetris and MAME

Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:54 pm

Hi everybody.

I got my RPi one month ago and I was searching a nice way to use this mighty machine. Because I'm loving Tetris I was thinking of making a Tetris Arcade Machine out of it.
So I found a pretty cool tetris rom - Tetris The Absolute Grand Master 2 Plus (tgm2p) which is one of the best tetris games I ever payed. It works great on my windows machine via MAME.
I downloaded and installed the AdvanceMame and was pretty happy that everything went smooth till the actual running the game. Looks like AdvanceMame doesn't support this game.

So this is my question..has any one tried this game successfully? Are there other emulators that support games like this one?

I am grateful of every suggestion you might have.

Mantorp

Re: Tetris and MAME

Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:39 pm

Bump!

Anyone? Ok, have you tried other Tetris games on RasPi? I tried Vitetris, it runs in terminal (tty) and it works pretty well.

welshy

Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:20 pm

Mantrop
Have you tired the various Emulators available for Home Consoles? They should provide many variatons of Tetris to enjoy. Mednafen emulates the Game Boy and NES (This can be downloaded from the Repo's with an apt-get command), AdvMESS also emulates these consoles (Amongst Others) and MANY Home Computers of the 80's/Early 90's (Tetris was Licenced by various companies for pretty much EVERY Home Console and Computer at the time!). I have written a "Guide" for AdvMESS Here -

ADVMESS - A “Beginners Guide” to Compiling and Using - http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewt ... ss#p232482
"The list of things I have heard now contains everything!"

toxibunny

Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:57 pm

Tetris plus is the best Tetris. The one with the professor.
note: I may or may not know what I'm talking about...

normal

Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:22 pm

Out of curiosity i wanted to see if it was possible to play a tetris the grand master clone like nullpomino or texmaster on the raspberry pi, I googled it and it just so happens that some guy actually tried it: http://axypb.net/2012/11/10/nullpomino- ... pberry-pi/

but he says he only got 10 fps. Would anyone be interested in trying to make a TGM clone for ARM. Is there something like it in python that I dnpo't know about?

felleg

Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:47 pm

Very late reply, but there is a Tetris Grandmaster clone called Texmaster that is very easy to run on the raspberry pi. If you're running RetroPie, you can even include it in the main menu. There is no lag that I noticed and the frame rate is very smooth. Simply follow the instructions here:

https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/874 ... ter-port/9

Return to “Gaming”