SmoothGummi

RetroPi loads, ROMs show up, but don't load

Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:03 am

Hey guys, I seem to be having a simple problem, but just can't figure it out.

I've gotten RetroPie to load, and it sees all of my SNES and NES ROMs, however when I click ANY of them, they do not load. All of them work fine on my PC using Emulators there.

I click any game, it plays the little "chime" that I selected it, and it immediately exits to the terminal and puts up some text very fast. Within literally a second, it goes back to my ROM list. No "error", it just goes back to my games list like nothing happened.

Any idea?

SmoothGummi

Re: RetroPi loads, ROMs show up, but don't load

Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:16 am

I am at a complete standstill and don't know what else to try. Every guide, video, website, blog and tutorial makes no mention of any "trick" or "step" on how to load a ROM.

Every ROM shows up perfectly fine, but absolutely none of them load. Including the Doom and Duke3D ones that come with it. The only one that does load is CaveStory.

I have tried formatting and starting over countless times, tried using my Snes controller or just the keyboard. Nothing seems to work.

I even tried using the regular yellow RCA input and it doesn't even get as far. As soon as I select the game, the TV just goes black and doesn't even take me back to the ROM list like it does on HDMI. Do I have some sort of resolution issue? Does this not work on widescreen plasma TV's or something?

medix

Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:31 am

I am having the same exact problem and I can't seem to find any fixes online. :(

medix

Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:12 am

I read on the internet that the Atari 2600 code was wrong and the games wont start cause the error. type sudo nano ./emulationstation/es_systems.cfg. I deleted the Atari 2600 code amongst other emulators that I didn't plan on using and after that the other emulators worked perfectly.

Return to “Troubleshooting”