cbaptiste

LG HDMI CEC Remote.xml

Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:04 am

I have been issues free from raspbmc for the last three weeks. Thanks to a lot of you fellow camarades. Well i had an issue last week not being able to play some HBO shows and as I was beating my head trying to figure out why. I decided to go to raspbmc website and voila. The answer to my question was right there. All I needed to do was enable update. After a reboot, raspbmc updated itself and the issue went away. Apparently it was a known issue. (I did not just wrote that in vein. I wrote it just in case someone else is having the issue and come accross this thread). Now I think this is my last and final problem. I need to map some keys to my remote and for the life of me they refuse to work.

This is what i've done so far

1. from ssh cp /opt/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-bin/share/xbmc/system/keymaps/remote.xml /home/pi/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps/remote.xml
2. edit the remote.xml file and add these lines

Code: Select all

<keymap>
  <global>
  <remote>
       <red>XBMC.ActivateWindow(Home)</red>
      <green>XBMC.ActivateWindow(Favourites)</green>
      <yellow>Info</yellow>
      <blue>ContextMenu</blue>
    </remote>
  </global>
  <FullScreenVideo>
    <remote>
      <pageplus>volumeup</pageplus>
      <pageminus>volumedown</pageminus>
    </remote>
  </FullScreenVideo>
  <Home>
    <remote>
      <red>XBMC.ActivateWindow(Weather)</red>
      <green>XBMC.ActivateWindow(Videos,Movies)</green>
      <yellow>XBMC.ActivateWindow(Videos,TvShows)</yellow>
      <blue>XBMC.ActivateWindow(Settings)</blue>
    </remote>
  </Home>
</keymap>
3. Reboot my pi
4. Raspbmc started
5. Buttons still don't do anything.

What am i doing wrong.

Wanderlei

Re: LG HDMI CEC Remote.xml

Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:14 am

I have issue with LG tv too, if you change input would stop working. Turning off 'simplink' off then back makes it work again.

Got a new LG tv on this one I cant change back to the HDMI once simplink stops working. So I have to turn it off, change input, then turn it back on, slightly annoying.

I have sort of solution for, I tried to map colour buttons too but failed what I did was map the skip minus and skip plus buttons because that functionality is controlled via arrow buttons during play back.

<keymap>
<global>
<remote>
<skipminus>
info
</skipminus>
<skipplus>
ContextMenu
</skipplus>
</remote>
</global>
</keymap>
\Userdata\keymaps\keyboard.xml

cbaptiste

Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:27 am

Last I read the plus skipplus and skipminus didn't work with LG except Samsung.

I am having the same issue with the display too. I am using a receiver. I sometimes, not always, have to change to another hdmi port before I can enable simplink. I think it's due to the port going to sleep mode or something. Try to see if this work for you. I must say I haven't had a chance to test it but according to the documentation it just might solve the problem. Or maybe not since the tv isn't producing any power to the port itself. Well only way to find out is to test it.

# hdmi_force_hotplug Pretends HDMI hotplug signal is asserted so it appears a HDMI display is attached
 #Use HDMI mode even if no HDMI monitor is detected
hdmi_force_hotplug=1
Double check if the skip+ & - works and let me know please. I would like to use them for xbmc volume. Currently using fast forward & backward buttons for context menu and main menu since they aren't being used by xbmc anyway.

Wanderlei

Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:45 am

Unfortunately hdmi_force_hotplug=1 didnt work. After changing input, simplink stops working.
cbaptiste wrote: Double check if the skip+ & - works and let me know please. I would like to use them for xbmc volume. Currently using fast forward & backward buttons for context menu and main menu since they aren't being used by xbmc anyway.
I think we are talking about same button, you seem to be already using them too. The one I posted is for the '>>' double arrow buttons below, play, stop, pause, etc.They would work to make to go next/previous movie or music track. I never used so I re purposed. Up/down with arrow skips 10 minutes and left/right skips 30 seconds.

cbaptiste

Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:59 pm

You are right. I got them confused with the channel plus and minus button. My mistake.

Wanderlei

Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:12 am

cbaptiste wrote:You are right. I got them confused with the channel plus and minus button. My mistake.
I actually tried mapping coloured buttons and now they work:/

Not sure what to use them for anymore, I am keeping info and context mapped to skip buttons.

This is what is working for me.

<keymap>
 <global>
 <remote>
 <skipminus>info</skipminus>
 <skipplus>ContextMenu</skipplus>
 <red>PageUp</red>
 <green>PageDown</green>
 <yellow>ToggleWatched</yellow>
 <blue>CodecInfo</blue>
 </remote>
 </global>
</keymap>

BadgerP

Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:14 am

WanderLei

Great to hear that the colored buttons are working with your LG. Which model LG do you have?

I'm debating ordering a Pulse Eight adapter but haven't found good information on button support.

Here is what I've read is supported:
Play
Pause
Stop
Left, Right, Up, Down
Fast Forward, Rewind
0-9
Channel+, Channel-
Select
Volume+, Volume-, Mute

Wasn't supported but may now be on some LG models:
Red, Green, Blue, Yellow

Not sure if supported:
Record
Channel Previous
Info
Exit
Guide
Return

ablithik

Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:50 pm

Hi guys,

I just got a raspbmc up and running and i am having problems using the LG tv remote (tv LG 47LH4000, no firmware update )
Simplink is enabled but the back functionality is not working. The remote has one button for this but it is not working.
So if i go to Movies menu, i can't get back to home menu.

When pressing some buttons (e.g. number buttons), i get a display from the tv that the functionality is not supported.
When pressing other buttons (e.g. coloured), i see no display but they don't seem to do anything.
Tried to map red one to back, but i was not successful.Because i thought , i was doing something wrong, i mapped the "back" action to the down arrow and mapping was successful but i cannot use it like that. Is there a way to find out (cec debug log?) when a key is pressed on the remote, what action the tv sends to raspbmc over cec protocol???

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.....

ps. when mapping/ modifying remote.xml file, in order to apply changes i reboot raspbmc. is htere another faster way? restarting a specific process maybe?

kphammond9

Mon May 19, 2014 3:04 pm

I'm having an issue that was hinted at earlier in this thread and I'm hoping someone has a solution. I have an LG TV with Simplink that controls my RPi running Openelec. It works fine until I turn the TV off. My RPi stays on 24/7. When I turn the TV back on after a day or so, it won't re-connect to the RPi. It says no signal and XBMC seems to be frozen. Black screen only. I've tried turning Simplink on and off. The only thing that seems to work, short of unplugging and restarting everything, is to SSH into the RPi and reboot. This is a valid workaround, but it isn't going to work if my wife wants to watch something while I'm not home. I don't have this issue with my Sony Bravia. I recently updated my TV firmware (a couple of months ago) and I am running a recent Frodo build of Openelec. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

kphammond9

Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:30 pm

In response to the questions about finding out what signals your remote buttons are sending via cec, here is a thread that shows how to do it with raspbmc:
http://forum.stmlabs.com/showthread.php?tid=6978
I'm running openelec and plan to try it tonight to try to get my remote color buttons mapped properly.

As for the simplink resume problem I posted about earlier, this seems to have helped me:
http://www.gaducated.com/the-perfect-xb ... pberry-pi/
"The menu you’re looking for is hidden under System => Setting => System => Input devices => Peripherals => Raspberry Pi CEC Adapter.
If you want to control all devices yourself just like me set options 3 and 4 to none and disable options 6 and 8 (see screenshot bellow). Changing the “When the TV is switched off” option to Ignore fixes the problem of the remote not working when you come back."

skullmonkey

Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:13 am

Did someone actually figured out how to use the colored buttons on LG remotes?

Thanks,
S@

DjDiabolik

Tue May 24, 2016 3:29 pm

Hi boys.. this a very old thread but i have a similar question to make:

I have a similar problems......... i have on my Pi2 OSMC latest release installed............. the simplink workings whitout a problems but if restart my Pi2 when OSMC it's fully restart the simplink it's no more working.

For re-obtain this working i need to switch the source on tv....for example switch from hdmi to tv and back again to hdmi... and only at this poin the simplink/cec-hdmi restart to working as well.

I have tryed to search info about google... i have found this thread......... if someone can suggest me please help......

DarrenHill

Wed May 25, 2016 9:37 am

On my LG I just have to go to sources, and then press the Simplink button (one of the coloured buttons) listed in the menu options for that page, and reselect the Pi (or HDD recorder as it appears to the TV). It then tries to reconnect, comes up as failing to do so but starts working anyway.

Not much better than your route, but perhaps slightly quicker. I don't think there is any way more automatic to do it though.

Return to “Media centres”